3DCoat Forums
JamesE

Sculptris - dynamic mesh tesselation

I'm surprised to hear that, I understood Max was gaining ground in Japan but I had always heard that Japan was one place where LightWave was really big.

The new 2.5 UI is very clean and logical.

actualy for my taste 2.4X was better the only thig which i wanted is the hotkey editor, it appeared in 2.5 but now i dont like its ui, the old one was clearer for me. :pardon:

The new GUI helps things a lot i think, like many others i wouldn't have ever tried it if they had not done that update. I am used to it's workflow now which has a learning curve but for a free app it is great and can do so many things.

It's best strength is the fact it can be expanded with python and not just builds so there is often great new features and addons getting made, it makes me wish 3DC had python or lua etc scripting.

The new 2.5 UI is very clean and logical. In Blender everything is basically on one single screen, there are no dialogues. When you need a feature - like UV editing, you split a window and open it in one of the halfes.

That's true...Or you could make life easier on yourself by using this feature:

post-589-12839680963607_thumb.png

post-589-12839681558288_thumb.png

I'm surprised to hear that, I understood Max was gaining ground in Japan but I had always heard that Japan was one place where LightWave was really big.

Nope. That`s a decade year old fact. The majority of cg studios are in Tokyo. There`s a directory of studios in cgworld japan magazine. Most are using 3dmax, maya, xsi. Hobbyist and freelance use lightwave, shade, blender. But they`re few in numbers. My work in the company requires me to use max. But I still love lightwave for personal stuff and its affordable.