3DCoat Forums

Support for nativ 3d formats?

tomtm

Hi,

It's a very nice application, I am really surprised, easy to use and fast.

But will there be some support for other 3d formats liek .lwo,3ds,c4d,xsi ?

That would be really good, because sometimes in OBJ you lose some file information.

greets Tom

Hi,

It's a very nice application, I am really surprised, easy to use and fast.

But will there be some support for other 3d formats liek .lwo,3ds,c4d,xsi ?

That would be really good, because sometimes in OBJ you lose some file information.

greets Tom

I will add some other formats in one of the next updates.

• 1 month later...
I need some LWO file example with:

- several smoothing groups

- several objects

- several textures/materials

Can someone help me? Please send the file to support@3d-brush.com

I

Hi,

I don't know if I am replying in the correct window here...

What are the export file formats 3D-Brush currently supports, and is all texture and color information exported with the model?

I am not very knowledable. What programs seem to do best with importing from 3D-Brush?

Thanks.

Now 3D-Brush supports export OBJ files. LWO support comes in several days. You can export displacement (8/16/32 bits), normal, specular, color/transparency map. You can export normal map for different resolutions (low and moddle - 40000-8000 pol). I know that peoples use exported files in XSI, Maya, MAX,LW, Carrara ...

• 4 weeks later...

I found this software via a link from the DEVELOP magazine, and I especially like the sculp + auto normal map generation feature. Not installed yet as there is insufficient details on the import/export side of things, an especially critical area for game authors!! I would like to suggest support primarily for the export of DirectX X File Format, which opens up the tool to almost every DirectX programmer on the planet. Import would be nice too for users who have existing X file assets they want to 'enhance' with this tool. Animation data would have to be retained, even if this data was not actually used in 3D-Brush. A great looking product, and I especially like the price. I am a sucker for affordable game making solutions :)

X FILE FORMAT = easy DirectX importing

I found this software via a link from the DEVELOP magazine, and I especially like the sculp + auto normal map generation feature. Not installed yet as there is insufficient details on the import/export side of things, an especially critical area for game authors!! I would like to suggest support primarily for the export of DirectX X File Format, which opens up the tool to almost every DirectX programmer on the planet. Import would be nice too for users who have existing X file assets they want to 'enhance' with this tool. Animation data would have to be retained, even if this data was not actually used in 3D-Brush. A great looking product, and I especially like the price. I am a sucker for affordable game making solutions :)

X FILE FORMAT = easy DirectX importing

ok, will do that in near future.

• Advanced Member
I really want to implement LWO in one of the next updates.

I can even tell the most probable order of adding formats support:

.LWO

.MDL

??? - on request

Is that MDL as in 3dGamestudio MDL?

If so, that would be absolutely amazing.

Would it export the Spec Map, Normal Map and Colour Map along with the model at the click of a button?

Thank you.

Marc Wakefield

http://www.marcwakefield.co.uk

MDL is format of files of Hash Animation Maser. But now I am not sure that I will do it at first. I have very many propositions so support different formats. The president of Daz3D asked me to support Daz Studio & Carrara format. I think we will hire programmer to do this work, because I want to work mainly on features of 3D-Brush.

• Advanced Member
MDL is format of files of Hash Animation Maser. But now I am not sure that I will do it at first. I have very many propositions so support different formats. The president of Daz3D asked me to support Daz Studio & Carrara format. I think we will hire programmer to do this work, because I want to work mainly on features of 3D-Brush.

Well, Hash Animation Master support would be good, I own a copy of that software also but was never able to get on with it for modeling and so I must admit, I haven't used it in a while.

If I could export a fully textured model (created in Daz's Hexagon first) from 3D Brush to A:M, I am sure I would it another chance.

I do also own Carrara 5 and have tried importing an Obj (Coloured, Spec Mapped and Normal Mapped in 3D Brush) with all of textures, but the result of a render with the Normal Map / Bump Map wasn't great. (I may need to tweak the settings a bit)

So, Daz want you to support their software as well?

Well based on the great results I am able to achieve using Hexagon and 3D Brush together already, I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to buy your company ;)

After all, they did purchase Carrara and Hexagon because of their potential. :)

Keep up the good work.

Marc Wakefield

http://www.marcwakefield.co.uk

• 6 years later...

Hi Andrew,

I know this is a very old thread but did you ever find the time to implement MDL-support? That sounds really amazing :).

If you need any help (MDL-examples, informations about the format, etc.) let me know and I'll try to help :).

See you and thank you in advance for your answer

*Fuchur*