3DC Performance

simsimma31

My system spec is as follows

Dell Precision M6400 Intel Core 2 Duo

WinXP 64bit

2.79 GHZ

4 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M Graphics with 512MB2 dedicated memory

I am running 3DC DX64 (CUDA) and I am experiencing system lagging perticularly when using the cloth tool to run simulations, other examples include slow mouse responce. I am trying to achive cloth wrinkles like the image below, if I can't use the cloth tool how do I begin to scult the wrinkles like the image below.

Regards

Sim

post-2371-12642822841686_thumb.jpg

Hi sorry I haven't being able to respond, I have just about covered every tutorial on the net about 3DC. I am not a big reader of manuals but do prefer visual demonstrations. My goal was to sculpt creases to clothes as seen in the image posted, I feel that having researched a-little about 3DC I now feel comfortable to tackle this challenge :mellow: well at least know what questions to ask. I have recently made a moved from lightwave to 3DC and can honestly say why didn't I do this before :yahoo: I hope I can still get some advice from experienced 3DC veterans on the best ways to tackle my ambitions :D

@ Tony: I did manage to find the regular toolset just needed to research the tool bar a-bit more thanks for the advice.

@ Philnolan3d: the lagging was solved through switching the /3GB thingie pointed out in the forum.

Well before this turns into a 3 page type-up I would like to suggest/request a tutorial on cloth sculpting...or then again I might do one myself :blink:

Many thanks

Sim

can you elaborate on this or share a link to the thread? I'd love to speed up performance in 3DC if possible.

It's actually in the 3DC manual at the end of the FYI section, with detailed instructions. :)

• Reputable Contributor

so in other words RTFM? <_<

btw, I'm natively from Oregon too and am moving back at the end of next month :yahoo:

now if only I had a job to come back to lol.

Yeah...sometimes that is the best answer to give, as you will have more detailed info than someone having to type out an explanation. Plus, you have the WIKI available right at the top of your screen, so the answer is easily accessible.

so in other words RTFM? <_<

btw, I'm natively from Oregon too and am moving back at the end of next month :yahoo:

now if only I had a job to come back to lol.

LOL, sorry I didn't mean in the "RTFM" sort of way. That's funny though. :D

What part of Oregon are you from? You're coming back just in time for the better weather. :)

As for the job... I hear that. I got laid off last year from my job of almost 6 years.

• Advanced Member

LOL, sorry I didn't mean in the "RTFM" sort of way. That's funny though. :D

What part of Oregon are you from? You're coming back just in time for the better weather. :)

As for the job... I hear that. I got laid off last year from my job of almost 6 years.

Well, we're originally from the Salem(ish) area but my wife and I both went to school in Corvallis. My parents are in the Eugene area these days and we'll be starting out around the salem area again, but hopefully migrating towards portland after awhile... I just have to convince those guys at Liquid Development to give me a job lol.

Where were you working previously?