3DCoat Forums

voxle subtraction

Alex Head

I have been following along with the Kurv 3DC video for sculpting a character. In the beginning of the video you do some initial shaping by subtracting volume from a sphere using the "increase" tool and the "paint with drawn contour" pen function while holding the CTL key. This worked fine. Later in the video this concept is repeated using a box pen function and a segment function, however now when i try this holding the CTL key it seems as if only the surface of the voxle is being hacked off to a given depth.

I'm not sure what has changed from when subtraction worked and now that it doesn't. I've adjusted the growth and thaw of the brushes but this has had no effect. I then tried to repeat the initial sculpting in a new file with no success.

I've changed something that is now preventing me from cutting through the whole mass when i subtract.

Thanks for any help,

Alex

• Reputable Contributor

I have been following along with the Kurv 3DC video for sculpting a character. In the beginning of the video you do some initial shaping by subtracting volume from a sphere using the "increase" tool and the "paint with drawn contour" pen function while holding the CTL key. This worked fine. Later in the video this concept is repeated using a box pen function and a segment function, however now when i try this holding the CTL key it seems as if only the surface of the voxle is being hacked off to a given depth.

I'm not sure what has changed from when subtraction worked and now that it doesn't. I've adjusted the growth and thaw of the brushes but this has had no effect. I then tried to repeat the initial sculpting in a new file with no success.

I've changed something that is now preventing me from cutting through the whole mass when i subtract.

Thanks for any help,

Alex

There were some recent changes that allow you to set the depth for the cutting

• Contributor

There is a new Depth limit parameter in the selection toolset that affects all extrude based brushes.

There is also a checker box to either turn it ON or OFF....unfortunately it doesnt work. :)

Its stays always ON.

To cut trough whole volume like you used to do you need to select any brushes except Airbrush,Build,Increase,Extrude and Planar brush.

-(Carve,Scrape,2DPaint,Smooth,VoxPinch,Voxfollow or Sphere brush.)