3DCoat Forums

Octane render demo

Llamamey

Octane render 0.81a is out

* many bug fixes

* improved stability

* fully working/finalized linux version

* user interface improvements

The Octane License competition end in two day, February 9 !

So hurry up, you can win a lifetime license and two v1 license

But the competition got more than 100 entry and some are very good :)

2rz57hd.png

fw1013.png

2z5vm3a.png

All Images by Pedrojafet from Octane forums / Image submitted for the Octane January License competition / All rights Pedrojafet / Octane 0.81a / 567.767 Triangles

4096 Samples per pixel / 744.4MB of Texture Maps / 23, 26, 18 min using GTX275 @ 1.7 GB / 1280*530 original size / resized to 1000*414 for 3DCoat forums

Some images while waiting for the Beta release

Its without MLT so there's noise and fireflies (white pixels) and the anti-aliasing is not perfect

And its using the demo version, so there's no save/load :D

The sky is not a physical sky its an HDR, that's why there's noise also :rolleyes:

We need 3D Coat works rendered with Octane :D

• Advanced Member

Hi I have been following this thread for a while and thought I would post an image generated in Octane - The sculpt was based on a bird skull created in the Voxel room of 3DCoat.

The render is using a GrandCanyon HDRI map from HDRI Labs

As you can see nothing too fancy, as I am just trying idiot proof my renders at this stage.

• Advanced Member

origimage_4_2165620.jpg

by joelegecko on Daz3D forums (original thread)

origimage_3_2168395.jpg

by joelegecko on Daz3D forums (original thread)

Not bad for an alpha

No SSS and no Metropolis Light Transport

Notice that the second picture is lit only by an HDRI, could be even faster and less noise using Physical sky :)

Now we need to see 3D coat artists making renders in Octane :)

edit: Octane gonna support Dr.Queue and other render-queue systems ! :D

this is 100% the future, gpus have lots of fast parallel working pipelines! so this will just take a short moment to have it in realtime, maybe hopefully less than in 5 years.

here a other realtime raytracer, which uses the cpu´s for. most peoples will know them allready i hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V9wTuvgl8w

here a other realtime raytracer, which uses the cpu´s for. most peoples will know them allready i hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V9wTuvgl8w

I have not seen this before, but that one actually looks even more like FPrime. It was funny to watch the video since it all Audi R8's which is the car model I'm working on right now.

• Advanced Member

I have not seen this before, but that one actually looks even more like FPrime. It was funny to watch the video since it all Audi R8's which is the car model I'm working on right now.

I've tested that before and compared to modo when we were looking for a fast realtime viewer that could handle heavy scenes. For the price I would get modo instead.

It was easy to use and the presets it were quite good. Also there's no way to get the camera data so it would be hard to do matchmoving,etc.

• 5 months later...