3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.2 updates thread.

The biggest complaint I hear when talking about Ptex on other forums is that it subdivides the mesh so people are not getting the same model out of 3DC that they put in, which is needed if yoou're just going to export the Ptex textures for use in other programs like LightWave. Especially if using it for a game engine.

• Contributor
I've also noticed some issues when backing to PTEX in regions with Tri's in the retopo room. I am well aware you should retopo with quads for PTEX, but I just wanted to see what would happen.

the ptex format supports triangles in catmull-clark meshes. AFAIR, it will just just turn the triangle into 3 quads by adding a vertex at the center of the triangle and connecting it to the center of each edge. Those faces effectively pack 3 texture tiles and are classified as "subdivided".

adjdata2.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

When you guys hit Shift + A does your model actually frame up (both center and fit) in the viewport? Mine never, ever has...since Andrew supposedly added that months ago. Many times I need to frame up (F key in Maya, Z in Max), and all it ever does is zoom way out...which forces me to have to re-zoom and re-center, manually. The way "Frame up" in 3DC works is 100% useless to me. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? The 1st screenshot is what you want it to actually do. The 2nd screenshot shows what it does when hit SHIFT + A.

• Advanced Member

When you guys hit Shift + A does your model actually frame up (both center and fit) in the viewport? Mine never, ever has...since Andrew supposedly added that months ago. Many times I need to frame up (F key in Maya, Z in Max), and all it ever does is zoom way out...which forces me to have to re-zoom and re-center, manually. The way "Frame up" in 3DC works is 100% useless to me. Anyone else experiencing the same issue? The 1st screenshot is what you want it to actually do. The 2nd screenshot shows what it does when hit SHIFT + A.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed that, it's always off center for me. Shift + A and Camera shortcuts are both something that I wish would be fixed.

• Advanced Member

+1 AbnRanger, more than 50% of the time, Shift+A NEVER even brings my model/vox-layer into frame. I have gotten used to not even using shift A for most of my 3DC work, BUT I SURE WISH I COULD FRAME MY MODEL, something simple like the F-KEy in ZB, not rocket science, just a necessary tool for a sculpting workflow IMO. This seems like a very pronounced bug, has anyone seen a bug report issued on this one, glad it's not just me experiencing this often. Andrew should definitely address this soon, as it will save me TONs of click and drags when constantly having to reposition my model/voxLayer on screen ever time I hit shift+A.

I noticed the model goes much farther out of view when doing Shift+A if I have multiple vox tree layers with objects in each that are not overlapping each-other when they are enabled. For clarification, I'm only having 1 vox tree layer on at a time, but still getting this error when pressing Shift+A. The ONE active vox tree layer/model I have visible more than often than not doesnt even appear in the viewport when performing Shift+A, I have to drag it back into the viewport nearly every time. This is especially prominent when a character has boots on a layer, and the helmet/hair on another layer, when enabling only one of the layers and performing shift+A, the viewport just focuses on some other area in worldspace that is not even close to the vox tree layer I have enabled.

• Reputable Contributor

I don't use Shift+A in 3DC (use it in LightWave all the time) but I just tested it it a number of different ways and it seems fine.

http://screencast.com/t/NjkzMGViMTM

That's odd. I remember making the request for such a shortcut command last summer I think, and when Andrew implemented it, I still never got what I wanted from it, so I kind of gave up asking. It may zoom out enough to see the whole model, but it never snaps squarely in the frame...the way it does in all other applications. This is the only app that I know where it goes willy nilly, wherever it pleases....much like the transform gizmo used to

You know, it used to work! I don't know when, but it got really spotty, now it never works. I keep forgetting to file a bug report, but it's on my list of bugs, lol.

Please fix it!

(RE: Shift+A for framing object/selection)

• Reputable Contributor

Anyone else still having issues with the Transform Gizmo on merged objects. This is another issue I thought had been fixed some time ago. Has it reverted to it's old behavior again....merging an OBJ model and the transform Gizmo is nowhere near the model. In the image, I'm merging a set of teeth...and the gizmo is way off the model. Clicking "Center in Local Space" does nothing...nada.

• Advanced Member

AbnRanger, when I have more than 1 vox layer, I too run into the transform gizmo being somewhere else in worldspace, often enough to be annoying and yet another minute glitch/time waster. :-( IS there a bug report on this issue yet?

Has anyone else noticed that we still cant paint color specular maps in 3DC, for use in most modern game engines? OR perhaps thumbnails for layers in the paint room?

Why does PTEX take priority(in the users perspective) over such a needed feature that the industry already supports(????), as NOT ONE APP In my pipelines supports it(I dont use PRMAN/etc), and I or anyone I work with currently has no use for it in their pipelines for CG/Realtime work???? Soon we likely will take advantage of PTEX, but thats months away at the earliest more than likely, if not longer.

I've got my fingers crossed that PTEX was needed in 3DC for the new multires in the vox room, that would make logical sense, and benefit nearly all of us 3DC users. Now if only 30-minute merges when working in the vox room could be MULTITHREADED(use more than 1 core!!), so I can stop taking breaks BECAUSE OF MY TOOLSET when I should be working, as is what happened to me yet again multiple times yesterday.

AbnRanger, when I have more than 1 vox layer, I too run into the transform gizmo being somewhere else in worldspace, often enough to be annoying and yet another minute glitch/time waster. :-( IS there a bug report on this issue yet?

Has anyone else noticed that we still cant paint color specular maps in 3DC, for use in most modern game engines? OR perhaps thumbnails for layers in the paint room?

Why does PTEX take priority(in the users perspective) over such a needed feature that the industry already supports(????), as NOT ONE APP In my pipelines supports it(I dont use PRMAN/etc), and I or anyone I work with currently has no use for it in their pipelines for CG/Realtime work???? Soon we likely will take advantage of PTEX, but thats months away at the earliest more than likely, if not longer.

I've got my fingers crossed that PTEX was needed in 3DC for the new multires in the vox room, that would make logical sense, and benefit nearly all of us 3DC users. Now if only 30-minute merges when working in the vox room could be MULTITHREADED(use more than 1 core!!), so I can stop taking breaks BECAUSE OF MY TOOLSET when I should be working, as is what happened to me yet again multiple times yesterday.

Making colored specular is even more complex thing then Ptex, at least on the first glance because of straightforward method will lead to bigger memory requirements even if you are not using colored specular. So, it should be done in tricky way, it will lead to changes even in interface. It is not feature for one or two days.

Making merging fully multicore is complex thing. I already spent several weeks just to optimize merging. It was speed up, now I have no good idea how to make it faster. So if I will start to optimize it I will just loose time because I have no good idea how to do it.

And if I started Ptex, should I finish it? There are two ways

- never start something big, always work over polishing. In this case 3dc will not grow to users needs. It is not the way.

- polish, but sometimes start something big and do it until finished. Other problem appears - I can handle much less requests that time concentrating on the main big thing.

- method of big companies - just ignore what peoples tell until next big payed release once in year or two. No go.

So I am combining first two methods - polish, make something big (fixing/implementing only most urgent and painful but small things). This is my method of work. Otherwise I will not be able to do anything.

I am working like horse trying to combine everything - work, many home issues this times, many many support issues. Very very not easy.

I just can't work faster to do all what is required. And who can work faster?

Just try to understand me.

With merging time - you can just change workflow. For example if you made something really highpoly and started detailing - you don't need to bring it back to voxels, you can shape/detail it in surface mode.

• Reputable Contributor

Yeah...it's annoying and it looks bad for a program trying to compete with ZB and MB, to struggle performing the simplest operations. I'm also feeling your frustration with having to wait several minutes to going on an hour now after having switched to surface mode and after about 5 min work, I hit ENTER and only one CPU is chugging away.

Everytime I get excited about 3DC, it's stuff like this that brings me back to reality. It's workflow killers like this that hinder 3DC's progress and acceptance in the industry. For every step it takes with things like Ptex and surface tools...it's the awful calculation times that make it almost unusable. I guess I'm going to have to just take what I have and take it over to Mudbox and finish up. I wanted to do some detailed work that I would be able to add to the 3DC gallery. If I have to keep leaping major hurdles like this, I don't see what the advantage of using 3DC is...if we have to wait for hours for simple conversions in voxels.

All the work I did on the upper torso is flushed down the toilet, cause I'm not waiting anymore....hours for 5-10 minutes of work? There's no way to tell if 3DC is hung or what. I shouldn't have to keep hitting enter throughout the process of using surface tools. These ugly aspects of 3DC need to be addressed before any further features are even considered, in my opinion.

• Like 1

• Contributor

With merging time - you can just change workflow. For example if you made something really highpoly and started detailing - you don't need to bring it back to voxels, you can shape/detail it in surface mode.

If you use accurate brush size for resolution ,surface to voxel conversion is always below 1 minutes.

I have gtx280,old cheap quad, 6 gig of ram.Basic Rig.

Im working back and forth between Surface mode and voxel on a 17 million torso and even 20 minutes sculpting sessions

merge back to voxels always below 1 minute.

Rule #1 when working in voxel.

YOU NEED TO DOWNSIZE BRUSH HALF EACH TIME YOU INCREASE RES.

AT 17 MILLION POLYS BRUSH SHOULD BE THE SIZE OF A TOENAIL.

TEST WITH A SPHERE AND MAKE YOURSELF A CHART.

AT 500 OOO POLYS ALL CHARACTER SHAPE IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE ALREADY SO NO NEED FOR BIGGER BRUSH SIZE.

It may seem like a limitation compared to ZB/MB but its not.

Its like REAL clay sculpting.

It is a small limitation in exchange of topology that never stretch and that doesnt need to be remeshed or reprojected every 3 minutes.

And about Color spec:

You can still make it you just cant preview it thats all!

You cannot even load non-colored specular in zbrush so what is the problem here!?

• Reputable Contributor

Making colored specular is even more complex thing then Ptex, at least on the first glance because of straightforward method will lead to bigger memory requirements even if you are not using colored specular. So, it should be done in tricky way, it will lead to changes even in interface. It is not feature for one or two days.

Making merging fully multicore is complex thing. I already spent several weeks just to optimize merging. It was speed up, now I have no good idea how to make it faster. So if I will start to optimize it I will just loose time because I have no good idea how to do it.

And if I started Ptex, should I finish it? There are two ways

- never start something big, always work over polishing. In this case 3dc will not grow to users needs. It is not the way.

- polish, but sometimes start something big and do it until finished. Other problem appears - I can handle much less requests that time concentrating on the main big thing.

- method of big companies - just ignore what peoples tell until next big payed release once in year or two. No go.

So I am combining first two methods - polish, make something big (fixing/implementing only most urgent and painful but small things). This is my method of work. Otherwise I will not be able to do anything.

I am working like horse trying to combine everything - work, many home issues this times, many many support issues. Very very not easy.

I just can't work faster to do all what is required. And who can work faster?

Just try to understand me.

Andrew, could you perhaps consult with someone who specializes in Multi-threading and see if you can't glean any ideas how to let utilize all the hardware at it's disposal. I remember the developer of Cebas talking a year or two ago how improbable it would be to utilize GPU's for Multi-threaded raytracing tasks. Now, there are several such renderers on the market.

I realize that it's a tall order, but long delays when the user doesn't even know if 3DC is frozen or not, cannot continue if 3DC is going to make any further progress. For all of Mudbox's limitations compared to Voxels, it sure is looking pretty good after hitting one snag after another. I need something that just lets me work without all the headaches.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Thanks for your reply Andrew, I appreciate all your hard work, and your balancing of priorities in 3DC. IMO you do an amazing job!

My posts are candid, and a bit uncensored, as sometimes I get frustrated when only working on a 2million poly Vox tree layer and having to wait 30 minutes for a merge to complete on one CPU core(out of 8, ). If 3DC used all 8 of my cpu cores, I likely wouldn't have all this spare time to be frustrated at my toolset for slowing down my workflow. And yes, I do indeed have to switch to another application(that uses my other cores) OFTEN when 3DC decides to merge for 15-30 minutes(or longer) on one CPU core, which doesnt help when I have a deadline looming for the sculpt I'm working on. IMO this seems like a bit more of an issue than simple "polish", this is the type of issue that will make me stop using a program after such a large number of slow downs forces me to choose another tool for ANY job/project with a deadline, so I can avoid the hours of cumulative waiting for 1 core to process a switch from surface to volume mode, or a pose tool edit on a small portion of a 2 million poly vox tree model/layer, much less a higher poly-count vox sculpt, which I just dont do any longer after having to wait hours on 4-5 million poly vox tree layers to finish using 1 cpu core for a pose surface/volume switch. :-(

You are truly gifted IMO, and are very skilled in programming, one of the most talented programmers I've ever had the pleasure of being able to create with their toolset before. I say what I say, because I want to continue working in 3DC, but if my boss sees me again waiting 30 minutes for a merge to complete, and that same boss seems only one of my cores operating, I will likely have no valid argument to present for my case, and have to switch back to ZB, and I honestly dont like working in ZB after using 3DC. I love working in 3DC, but have run out of excuses as to why I am sitting here waiting for one core on a powerful 8 core computer with 20gigs of RAM and SSD's to finish what should just be a "minor/fairly quick" step in a sculpting workflow, I hope you can empathize. At the end of an 8 hour sculpting session, I OFTEN spend up to 2-3 hours of that time waiting for merge bars to complete, thats my main point here. And I'm waiting for that merge bar on fairly low-poly vox models, 1-3 million polys per vox tree layer, as I've had to cut down nearly all of my vox detail work due to no 64-bit OSX 3DC, and still, hours are wasted each sculpting session. I hope I can continue to use 3DC for my work, but I might just have to use 3DC for my personal hobby projects instead if this doesn't improve, which I do not want to do, but in the end, as with you, the project must get finished on time, and with the necessary requirements.... :-(

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I think that if people wouldn't hit the Inc. Res button so often that would make huge diffrence. usually when I start to sculpt with default sphere,

I degrade it. It's too dense for me.

Glad that works for you, it absolutely doesn't for me, and a number of others on this forum. I need a certain detail level for nearly all my client work(and my personal hobby work too), and using low-res and degrades on my vox tree simply wont work.

Just as a side note, you dont actually need to even increase the res of your vox tree layers, you can just merge in an object or primitive as VERY large in worlspace, so either way, you are getting more vox's for detail on your mesh. Just going through the forums here will show you that many who come from high-detail sculpting apps, ZBrush/Mudbox/Etc, need that level of detail, and a 1 million tri vox tree layer for a characters whold body, much less just their head/face will just not do in most all cases for me and many others.

Here's a link to a WIP thread I started because of blah..... FOR ME(and others on this board) it's just not achieveable with low poly counts for my vox layers, I have to push my vox sculpt to around 20-30 million polys to get this type of detail out of 3DC.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5272

EDIT: I TOOK DOWN THE IMAGE, I cant show this off much more without proper approval, thanks for understanding, glad a few of you could peek at it to see what I mean.

WIth the hair I had to finish on one of the projects I'm on, it took 2 million polys just to get in the medium level-detail I needed for the hair, ideally I would have wanted to push it to 10 mill, but 3DC just wasnt having it(merge bars FOREVER)... :-(

Sounds like a lot of polys, but other apps handle such a poly count just fine USING MULTIPLE CORES in nearly all cases.

• Like 1

• Contributor

I get frustrated when only working on a 2million poly Vox tree layer and having to wait 30 minutes for a merge to complete

Can you post:

a screenshot of ANYTHING you are sculpting along with the BRUSHSIZE you are using.

You say you try to merge a 20mil sculpt in 3DC and then you say you might finally choose to do all your FINE details work in Sculptris while Taron says Sculptris starts to clog below 2 million polys .Its contradictory.

Is really ALL your work under NDA.?

Post a quick bust man,anything...that takes you 30 minutes to merge.

I may sound rude but for someone who got so much professional projects going on you sure have alot of freetime to post.

• Advanced Member

I dont feel I should have to post an image to add any validity to my critique.

I'll post a quick render now of a project that I likely wont get heat for posting an image of... gimme a minute, it's a rough one, but it'll give you an idea.

EDIT: This fourm wont let me post images?!?!?! hmm, maybe I'll create a thread for it.

Can you post:

a screenshot of ANYTHING you are sculpting along with the BRUSHSIZE you are using.

I'm using fairly small brush sizes, but if you noticed the 100 times i mentioned in my posts, I'm talking about MERGING, AKA using the pose tool and switching between vox/volume modes!!!!!!!!!!

You say you try to merge a 20mil sculpt in 3DC and then you say you might finally choose to do all your FINE details work in Sculptris while Taron says Sculptris starts to clog below 2 million polys .Its contradictory.

I DONT USE SCULPTRIS for production work, I would emphasize Z BRUSH for high detail finished work, of which I dont want to use, I want to stay in 3DC!!! not sculptris

Taron's cool, I did concept work for a project with him bout 10 years ago.

Is really ALL your work under NDA.?

Post a quick bust man,anything...that takes you 30 minutes to merge.

I may sound rude but for someone who got so much professional projects going on you sure have alot of freetime to post.

Fine, I'll post an image, but that should be of NO RELEVANCE to my discussion on multithreading!!! AbnRanger is having the same issues I am, as are many others on the forum, only now are people seeing that its the lack of multithreading that is likely causing this and many other issues.

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

I think that if people wouldn't hit the Inc. Res button so often that would make huge diffrence. usually when I start to sculpt with default sphere,

I degrade it. It's too dense for me.

That's not always practical. Sometimes you finish a segment of an object, and to get any level of detail you have to jack the resolution up to 16X or more. Then when done, you still need to leave it visible at times to place other objects where you need them. I try to be mindful of these pitfalls and attempt to steer around them, but sometimes you can't. The lengthy conversion times really need to be multithreaded, and that's the bottleneck. The program pushes the envelope in other areas, but calculation times are no faster than what one little tiny processor can handle.

That...and not brush size, is the culprit.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

here a link to a thread i started for some of my recent 3DC sculpts:

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5272&st=0&gopid=39629entry39629

I need multithreading, and 64bit(for OSX ASAP)

I took down the image, as I cant show this off much for at least another month or 2, due to agreements. thanks for understanding.

Artman, you do sound a bit defensive, like you're defending an application. I'm not trying to offend you, and I'm not alone in my thoughts on the multithreading matter. I'm just asking for a workflow without IMPOSED lunch breaks. I feel my work has no relevance as to how valid the point I make is, regardless of what i create with it, multithreading is lacking sorely in areas that make me wait hours to continue working in 3DC.

• Contributor

I dont feel I should have to post an image to add any validity to my critique.

I wanna see the brush size you use for a 2 million objects to take 30 MINUTES to merge.

I mean I have far less powerful machine and if I use proper brush size the conversion is always very fast.

For a 2 million head brush radius the size an iris (which is proper size to add details to a 2mil head)

CANNOT takes 30minutes to merge.Its impossible.2-3 minutes max...even for a lenghty sculpting sessions.

• Advanced Member

I wanna see the brush size you use for a 2 million objects to take 30 MINUTES to merge.

I mean I have far less powerful machine and if I use proper brush size the conversion is always very fast.

For a 2 million head brush radius the size an iris (which is proper size to add details to a 2mil head)

CANNOT takes 30minutes to merge.Its impossible.2-3 minutes max...even for a lenghty sculpting sessions.

I'm using fairly small brush sizes when using the brushes, but if you noticed the 100 times i mentioned in my posts, I'm talking about MERGING, AKA using the pose tool and switching between vox/volume modes!!!!!!!!!! are you hitting enter after every brush stroke in surface mode? That helps when working with brushes, but not what I'm talking about

I'm using fairly small brush sizes when using the brushes, but if you noticed the 100 times i mentioned in my posts, I'm talking about MERGING, AKA using the pose tool and switching between vox/volume modes!!!!!!!!!! are you hitting enter after every brush stroke in surface mode? That helps when working with brushes, but not what I'm talking about

So, if I understood right, merging 2 million triangles takes 30 min?? Really unbelievable.

I will check on MacBookPro, possibly it is some mac issue.

• Advanced Member

So, if I understood right, merging 2 million triangles takes 30 min?? Really unbelievable.

I will check on MacBookPro, possibly it is some mac issue.

YES REALLY, 30 minutes, and another 15 minutes to apply a pose-tool operation on a segment of a vox tree layer that was about 3 million polys. I'm running into this on win64 3DC as well, as Win64 3DC STILL DOES NOT USE MORE THAN 1 CORE for merges!

I often need to bring in highly detailed meshes/obj's and it can take HOURS AND HOURS using 1 core to have the object merge in at the polycount I need to work on around 20-25mill

using all my cores for merges such as this JUST MIGHT scale the time down quite a bit ;-)

• Like 1

• Contributor

here a link to a thread i started for some of my recent 3DC sculpts:

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5272&st=0&gopid=39629entry39629

I need multithreading, and 64bit(for OSX ASAP)

Artman, you do sound a bit rude, like you're defending an application. I'm just asking for a workflow without IMPOSED lunch breaks

I dont sound rude,I am.

Im not defending the app I just had bad experiences with people posting stuff about apps only to discover later that

arent really using the said apps that's all...

Sorry.

I saw your pic,so I have some questions:

Are you using pose tool much in Surface mode?

That count as large brush...

Well everything that is large passed a precise stage will make merging Exponentially longer.

You need to find that point.

Using a sphere,10X brush strokes and gradually increase brush radius.

This way you will discover bottleneck and be able to write yourself a chart.

Pose tool at multimillion level will always be slow...its not really usable above 200 000 polys.

But sculpting Fine details with small brush will always be fast.

• Contributor

YES REALLY, 30 minutes, and another 15 minutes to apply a pose-tool operation on a segment of a vox tree layer that was about 3 million polys. I'm running into this on win64 3DC as well, as Win64 3DC STILL DOES NOT USE MORE THAN 1 CORE for merges!

I often need to bring in highly detailed meshes/obj's and it can take HOURS AND HOURS using 1 core to have the object merge in at the polycount I need to work on around 20-25mill

Ok,you are using the most demanding stuff.

Pose on multimillion sculpts and merging(importing) multimillion sculpt.

You will never be happy in 3DC,at least for a while.... :(

I wont be able to help you much...I avoid pose tool above 500k and I never need to merge more than 4-5 mil.

But sculpting itself is very fast...

Edit:I understood "merging" as in surf-to-vox conversion after sculpting.

another problem with 3DC,words have many meanings...sorry.You were also talking alot

about fine detail work so I thought you had problem doing fine details in 3DC...

• Advanced Member

its not really usable above 200 000 polys.

But sculpting Fine details with small brush will always be fast.

I'm not posting regarding the sculpting of fine details, I'm used to having to shrink my brush in nearly any 3D sculpting app the higher the poly count goes, however, as i've said... I'm posting regarding the speed of the merge processes of 3DC, wether I'm switching from surface to volume mode, or using pose tool(as well as other tools that arent brushes) I HAVE TO WAIT ON 1 CORE TO CRAWL ALONG AT WHAT 7-8 CORES SHOULD BE DOING while the MERGE PROGRESS BAR freezes or creeps along for a LOONNNGGG TIME. This is not an attack on 3DC as a creative tool, i love my time in 3DC, its the finest sculpting app i've used to date PERIOD. HOWEVER when I have to wait for half an hour on 1 core to finish processing all by itself on what all the cores should be working on, THAT IS A HINDERANCE TO MY WORKFLOW, a workflow I would rather keep in 3DC!; but cant afford in most commercial cases to spend 1/3 of my sculpting session waiting for merge progress bars to move on 1 CORE when I have 7 other cores available, might as well just start up another 3D sculpting app and use those other 7 cores while 3DC neglects them. I'm getting the impression from my 2months or so on these forums, that the majority of the 3DC community either isnt aware of this, doesnt sculpt or merge with the detail I do, or doesnt care, and if that is the case, I can take a hint.

EDIT:

After hearing about 3DC for some time, then finally trying/buying it, I feel like I just found the most impressive 3D sculpting app out there, 3DC is far superior in its toolset compared to anything I've ever used(speaking specifically for my workflow/cretive needs), however if I have to turn down projects due to delays in deadlines because said toolset is causing them.. I have to be pragmatic, which is a let down when this could be cured to a great degree(if not completely) if 3DC were to put proper multithreading on top of it's priority list. So 3DC will stay in my "hobby" app stack, until I can work without going on vacation between merges... :-( cant wait to consider it for my production pipelines again when it's optimized in this area!!!!! Seriously PLEASE, I will pay you to focus on multithreading if that is the issue, I'll pay for a special multithreading upgrade the day its released!!! For now, I'll just use it mostly for my hobby projects or spare time projects.

EDIT #2:

ARTMAN, very nice work on that gargoyle-like sculpt! Loving the details and the cavcity work on the lower torso. Lookin forward to seeing the final sculpt :-) Do you have a gallery page on the forum?

• Like 1

using all my cores for merges such as this JUST MIGHT scale the time down quite a bit ;-)

I have performed tests and really, it is OSX issue.

I made simple changes and it works now much much faster on OSX. I will upload test OSX build within 30-40 min.

• Like 1