3DCoat Forums

Press right mouse button on the eye hides everything else

haikalle

• Advanced Member

+1 if it remembers each layers initial visibility.

Also an option to set it as Alt+Click (or whatever keyboard shortcut).

Would be nice if this behavior was consistent in painting mode too - both for hiding and unhiding the layers.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

This is why I make one empty layer and parent everything I'm not working on to it like a group. That way I can just hide that layer and the whole group get's hidden.

yep, but this thread is asking for more power management in the vox-tree/layers-menu so work-arounds are not necessary. (but still optional if you like to work that way)

+1 from me for more control in vox-tree/layers-menu! :)

P.S. - philnolan3d, you just got a rep point from me by mistake...didn't know what those did and was trying to quote you---doh! and congrats! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Applink Developer

Just giving a small "raise me up" thing for this one. Carry on. I feel that this feature couldn't be so hard to do but could

really help us a lot, that's why I'm fighting for this one.

• 3 months later...
  • Advanced Member

Right Klick would not be a good choice at all imo.

Stuff like that really has to get consistent throughout the program so that one knows in advance

how it is mapped. 3DC in this respect still offers total Chaos.

Your proposed action is an inversion - following larger parts of 3DC this then had to be Ctrl+Click.

On the other hand 3DC is also very similar to Photoshop in Layer-Handling.

Here such an inversion of Object Visibility had to be triggered with Alt+Click...

I am of course for implementing this functionality but I am even far more interested raising

the Logical Structure inside 3DC to an acceptable level.

• Advanced Member

Believe it or not this feature used to exist in 3DC many iterations ago but somewhere along the line got lost in the swamp that this wonderful app has become.

Hope it makes it back soon now that you've exposed it.

In voxtree when you click left mouse button(on the top of eye icon) it will hide that layer. It would be nice to have when you click right mouse

I also offered a few days ago such thing (in Russian branch of the forum) for all modules of a programm which has layers. but in my case i offered Alt+click on eye icon to hide everything else except clicked one, the second alt+click on "eye" will make hidden layers visible. such behavior exists in photoshop already.

I also offered a few days ago such thing (in Russian branch of the forum) for all modules of a programm which has layers. but in my case i offered Alt+click on eye icon to hide everything else except clicked one, the second alt+click on "eye" will make hidden layers visible. such behavior exists in photoshop already.

The combination with the Alt key would be the best.

+1

• 1 month later...
  • Applink Developer

Hide but current tool is working very nicely but there's a hiccup: if you have put a hierarchy in voxel layers and hide-but-current a child object, the parent is hidden too resulting in the hiding of the child object. Result: everything is hidden. :p:The tool should somehow ignore hierarchy.

It would be better to change it but I feel that it's important that it will respect hierarchy. For example, When alt + click on layer it would show that layer but also if there is sub-layers it would leave-them untouched. If there is no sub-layers(end of the layer tree) it would show only that layer. This way we could easily hide/unhide specific groups or just a specific voxel.

A little bad explanation but I hope yo get the point :)