3DCoat Forums

How to paint skin using airbrush

Calabi

It's probably even easier than that because you can paint in layers like Photoshop, so paint all that dark color onto a layer then just reduce the opacity of that layer. There really isn't much setting up to do. I just tried it and all I did was pick the airbrush tool, turn off depth and specular painting (two of the three icons along the top bar), then picked the 2nds pen pressure type in the E panel (E key)

Video:

http://screencast.com/t/NTAzODkxMW

• Advanced Member

It's probably even easier than that because you can paint in layers like Photoshop, so paint all that dark color onto a layer then just reduce the opacity of that layer. There really isn't much setting up to do. I just tried it and all I did was pick the airbrush tool, turn off depth and specular painting (two of the three icons along the top bar), then picked the 2nds pen pressure type in the E panel (E key)

Video:

http://screencast.com/t/NTAzODkxMW

Thats great thanks for the vid. However I have a couple of problems I try and pick a light peach skin tones but they are highly specular, bright and shiny like HDR. I've turned off the button at least I think I have unless there is another one. Also what about the dots do you use the many dots alpha, because the trouble is its too contigouous, you end up with a bunch of lines instead of discreet dots.

Thats great thanks for the vid. However I have a couple of problems I try and pick a light peach skin tones but they are highly specular, bright and shiny like HDR. I've turned off the button at least I think I have unless there is another one. Also what about the dots do you use the many dots alpha, because the trouble is its too contigouous, you end up with a bunch of lines instead of discreet dots.

Assuming you turned off specularity I'd suggest playing with the lighting with these:

2010-02-04_2224.png

If you actually want dots look in the Pen Options tab. Down the bottom is a check box called Use Spacing and a slider under that to control the amount.

Edit: BTW this was my 3000th post, hope it was worthy!

• Contributor

Assuming you turned off specularity I'd suggest playing with the lighting with these:

2010-02-04_2224.png

If you actually want dots look in the Pen Options tab. Down the bottom is a check box called Use Spacing and a slider under that to control the amount.

Edit: BTW this was my 3000th post, hope it was worthy!

In 3DCoat my favorite way is that way:

You load pics as 'materials' and then you can tweak image with brush to fit reference before projecting. :)

Then you have blast with clone brush to break the generic aspect of the image used and give it a new personality...

Very fast.But...needs a credit card and 3D.SK....or Googleimage...EDU.

EDU is the magical word here :wizard: