3DCoat Forums

ditus wips

ditus

• Advanced Member

hi im new to 3d coat, i currently installed 3d coat trial, so i started to test this tool,think its pretty amazing, but my computer is just to slow for it (acer laptop). but i will try to get deeper into (tomorrow). so thats the thing im testing on.

which graphics cards would be the best for low budget(<200,- euro)? im having here a quad core machine too, but without a graphics card.

greetz

ditus

post-2436-12653368023367_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

cool, thank you :)

im just testing it now for the first time. the old demo copy wasnt running, that i could work with. sometimes at my laptop the graphicscard get overheaten, then the performance slows down to ~ 2 fps. so i need to buy a graphics card for my other machine.

yes i love the idea of voxel sculpting too, do you have a idea which realtime engine is supporting voxels? i readed the doom 4 will use voxels, uarg, this must getting really bloody. but perfect for this kind of sci-fi horror game.

before i start to add more details, i need to take a nap... :D

• Contributor

cool, thank you :)

im just testing it now for the first time. the old demo copy wasnt running, that i could work with. sometimes at my laptop the graphicscard get overheaten, then the performance slows down to ~ 2 fps. so i need to buy a graphics card for my other machine.

yes i love the idea of voxel sculpting too, do you have a idea which realtime engine is supporting voxels? i readed the doom 4 will use voxels, uarg, this must getting really bloody. but perfect for this kind of sci-fi horror game.

before i start to add more details, i need to take a nap... :D

Check out LJB's Ear tutorial on Vimeo. ;)

• Advanced Member

Wholly Smokes ... Lots of posts.

Nice head. Make it more and More fun !!!!

With 3DCoat and Berne Hogarth ... regular head is too easy , boring.

Crank it up man .... make him into PIN-HEAD ... oh ... that's easy as well.

You figure something out.

• Contributor

im a bit afraid to going into a higher resolution, but i have to :( at this resolution, i cant get it like i want to have it. :( i think my computer will mess up with a higher resolution :(

ignorant11.jpg

You could bake what you have to Perpixel or Ptex and get finer detail.

• Advanced Member

You could bake what you have to Perpixel or Ptex and get finer detail.

thank you :) it seems to be a amazing tool, if its possible to use polygons and voxels at the same time. i think when you modeling its baking it already in polygons, right? and afterwards it getting filled up with voxels? so its switching all the time?

but its a religious question, i said goodbye to polygons. but i will try it what you said, just as experiment,but i think if im merging then the polygons bake to voxels im loosing again lot of detail.

• Advanced Member

I believe that polygons (in the Voxel tab) are only involved in Surface mode. After <Enter>, the polygons are converted to voxels. Baking to Ptex doesn't involve UVs but you can save your images. Why send it back to voxels? :pardon:

no i mean the technic how its possible to display such a high amount of voxels :D i think its baking it all time on the fly.

wow, if i be carefully i can display a higher resolution :D look, it starts looking like i want ot have it :D i love this tool, its a neuronen forcer :D

ignorant12.jpg

• Advanced Member

i wanna try a new test, if this is working im very very very very happy about this tool. i see in this cube, a crouched human on his knees. with his hands on his head. i dont see a point why it shouldnt be working. only one point -> maybe the hardware, but we will see.

post-2436-1265731017239_thumb.jpg