3DCoat Forums

ditus wips

ditus

• Contributor

Not bad but watch those proportions The Thigh, and calf are rather too long. Both would be significantly longer than the trunk of the the sculpt. imagine how he would look if he was standing with those proportions. Keep up good work.

• Advanced Member

Not bad but watch those proportions The Thigh, and calf are rather too long. Both would be significantly longer than the trunk of the the sculpt. imagine how he would look if he was standing with those proportions. Keep up good work.

thanks, but ;)

here i did a measuring in maya, sorry i wasnt measuring the exact ankle points (just very quick).. but i think this should be ok. :D is it possible to have something to measure in 3d coat? but really i dont thought on a anatomy study, when i started with. ;) i will keep the proportions like they are! maybe anytime i will change this a tiny bit.

but thanks that you like it.

cube69.jpg

• Advanced Member

thanks that you like it so far :)

To fix those red areas you can cut deep into them with a small brush and then use Pinch to bring them together cleanly. And you'll get even better results if you do it in surface mode as the opposing surfaces won't melt together.

• Advanced Member

oh thats good to know, that a surface mode wont melt, thanks a lot.

so i left for a short moment this sculpture, im triing to bring the face in a such nice detailed form. uaah, thats horrible on my computer, my laptop is way to slow. :(

ignorant17.jpg

• Advanced Member

yes, it was funny to model this head, but now im going back to the serious things. i just wanted to know, how peoples get this details in :D oh thats such easy, i used therefor a elefant skin ^^ so thats my elefantman. oh thats a great movie, but it have nothing to do with this way of cheap modeling. i ever thought the peoples are painting this details in, but thats not really the case. they use stamps. :( but the result looks nice. but i think its a bit cheap. i prefer to paint this like i tried one time in the past and i will do in the future.

• Advanced Member

yes, it was funny to model this head, but now im going back to the serious things. i just wanted to know, how peoples get this details in :D oh thats such easy, i used therefor a elefant skin ^^ so thats my elefantman. oh thats a great movie, but it have nothing to do with this way of cheap modeling. i ever thought the peoples are painting this details in, but thats not really the case. they use stamps. :( but the result looks nice. but i think its a bit cheap. i prefer to paint this like i tried one time in the past and i will do in the future.

oh one thing more, a wart on his nose :D

ignorant23.jpg

:D

ignorant24.jpg

ok now the last one :D

ignorant25.jpg

• Advanced Member

:) its getting a lovly alien. since my hardware works right, it feels very good to work. now i can sculp in realtime! :D when i started with the tool, i had lot of hardware problems. but i was, althought all this problems happy with the result after one day. :D

alien06.jpg

alien05.jpg

alien04.jpg

alien07.jpg