3DCoat Forums

ditus wips

ditus

• Advanced Member

very very nice and great anatomy

thank you :) but this is also coming by this constructive crictic i got in here.

its not finished yet, im going to build columns, a roof and at the top i wanna do a scene where peoples are hunting for the skull from the top. but i have only 12 days left to build this, then ends my trial :( and im really out of money, i cant buy this tool :( at the moment.

• Advanced Member

fingerpainting :D

wow, the retopo tool works great! althought i never used to retopo a head before, it took not longer than ~15 minutes do this on the touchpad at my laptop (in bed). :D

let me see how long a the complete head takes, maybe around 45 minuts laying in bed ^^ its a great tool!

retopo.jpg

• Advanced Member

Here I have some important tips for creating face modeling/retopo: http://www.xsiforum.de/thread.php?postid=59413#post59402

You have already too much details. Create the main head shapes first. Retopo the whole head by using basic faces, before start to subdivide.

oh to late :( im nearly done with it.

just adjusting some verts. im very comfortable with.

but your retopo solution looks nice.

retopo01.jpg

• Advanced Member

so i have 6 days left till my trial ends. maybe im going to finish this one model i talked about. depends on my motivation. if not, then i will finish it, when i bought a version of 3d coat. im very into learning c++ at moment. so maybe im going to finish it in couple of months. my conclusion -> 3d coat is a amazing tool, which makes lot of fun to work with. it lets a artist enough of free space to work very intuitive with. so im sure, im going to buy it anytime (just related to my income, when im able to).

• 5 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Hi Ditus. As Chris stated Id take another look at your edge flow. Its a little confused currently. Certainly not for animation or efficient detailling. Try to imagine the Standard lines of the face where the creases go and follow those lines when retopologising. Extending the Occular loops down onto the cheek and flow them to just below the Zygomatic arch, They should then link up to the Lip loop. all the lateral lines you have running horizontally on the cheeks mean that things will not work nicely when it comes to animation or detail. try not to fall into the trap of just relying on normal maps for detail in those areas cos if you ever do work toward an animatable mesh then what good is normal map when the face deforms badly in those areas.

Just my two pence, I hope you take it constructively, cos I see promise in you other works here. I hope you do choose to invest in 3d coat, as its a great tool to further your knowledge here.

• Advanced Member

Hi Ditus. As Chris stated Id take another look at your edge flow. Its a little confused currently. Certainly not for animation or efficient detailling. Try to imagine the Standard lines of the face where the creases go and follow those lines when retopologising. Extending the Occular loops down onto the cheek and flow them to just below the Zygomatic arch, They should then link up to the Lip loop. all the lateral lines you have running horizontally on the cheeks mean that things will not work nicely when it comes to animation or detail. try not to fall into the trap of just relying on normal maps for detail in those areas cos if you ever do work toward an animatable mesh then what good is normal map when the face deforms badly in those areas.

Just my two pence, I hope you take it constructively, cos I see promise in you other works here. I hope you do choose to invest in 3d coat, as its a great tool to further your knowledge here.

of course you have right. i have to overwork it. there lot regions which arnt that cool to me, i rushed it. about the animation, hmmm, its related to the animator. at my tiny experience of animating things i dont see any big problem, exclude of course i havnt a mouthsack. so this character is in overall not able to speak.

bad deformations are just related to bad deformations in the blendshaps. so if the animator is doing bad deformations there, because of his fine motoric... but i give you right, the mouth region would look different if i have in mind to animate this region. thank you for your critic, i will mind it in future.

and yes to 3d coat, its a amazing tool, and yes i will going to buy it anytime. but then i will work on other computer, laptops are nice, but far away to work with them on way like on a workstation.