3DCoat Forums

have uploaded an update 2.01F. It is still beta. The list of changes:

1) LWO import improved. z-axe flipped, textures should be loaded even from LW directories structure

2) Spacing option was add in pen options

3) Auto-mapping improved (algoritm was completely changed)

4) Some changes was made for compartability with Cross Over (Mac). But I was not able to check, changes was made by guess.

5) Some problems with alteration of HardwareID was fixed. (But it should be checked, it also was made by guess)

6) Lo-poly view was fixed (for newely imported files).

7) may be something forgotten...

EULA was changed, so that it sounds

4.1 The 3D-Brush software should not be used in the production of any lewd or obscene materials as well as of any products which propagandize hatred against people. We understand that we are not able to check you, this is on your conscience, but we warn you about responsibility before God.

It means that if you really don't believe in God then responsibility before Him is not a question for you. But it is question of conscience in any way. The word "erotic" was changed with "lewd" because it is more appropriate.

The "Your accountability" in "Help" menu was removed.

You can download the full version (27 mb) from

http://www.mediafire.com/?8xcyu5yeswj

or update (7 mb) from

http://www.mediafire.com/?6pwd5az2dxx

In the last case 3D-Brush of any version must be installed before.

If you will have any problems with this beta version you can simply reinstall the previous version, but I think that 2.01F works more stably and fastly.

www.3d-brush.com

I received an instability warning. The debug info only partially gets transfered to the email response (I'm using Thunderbird). I will try to get a screen cap if I can duplicate the error. I attempted to reduce poly count on my landscape model while in low-poly object view.... it caused the crash.

I may have to fix my geometry first... there are a few overlapping poly's

Chuck

Finally, on the third try, I got the file save dialog box. I entered the download folder and immediately received a "download complete". I checked the file and it was 0 bytes.

Very odd indeed. Couldn't imagine the problem, maybe an ISP connection issue? (grabbing at straws)

• Contributor
Yes, I do all my win XP, Newtek, Adobe, and many other updates without a problem.

I did see someone else complain on the Newtek Lightwave forum about downloading problems from MediaFire.

I can not get a download either! Why did you need to go to a separate, silly, download site?

If you can not work directly from your own site raises some real problems about the professionalism of the purchase some of us have invested in?

I can not get a download either! Why did you need to go to a separate, silly, download site?

If you can not work directly from your own site raises some real problems about the professionalism of the purchase some of us have invested in?

My thoughts are that he didn't want to post it on his official site yet, and is making beta updates available to the public through this route. He has already stated that he will post it there when he is ready. For him it was convenience, even though the service he is using is unreliable for some. I'm sure eventually, all will be ironed out. He is a small company with high hopes for the application. Time is being spent on getting the software ready, then the pipeline for access will improve. I'm sure he is aware of the frustration that some are experiencing, and is also experiencing his own (no-one likes to see this sort of thing happen).

There will always be kinks to work out. I don't think that it in any way reflects negatively upon his professionalism. You have to start somewhere, and I certainly appreciate the very visible interaction he has presented with this release.

Chuck

Excuse me. I see someone have problems with downloading. I was slept, so was not able to see it :). So the new links:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/eng/3d-brush-2-01F-en.exe

and the update

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/eng/3d-brush...F-en-update.exe

Yesterday I wanted to give several mirrors, mut other hosters dinied to upload exe file. Also it was difficolt to upload to official server because of capacity problem. Sorry.