3DCoat Forums

image question

galent

Of course thats possible.

You can try it with the "image along spline tool" or just load the image into the color channel of a new material, click the material and start painting. ;)

Of course thats possible.

You can try it with the "image along spline tool" or just load the image into the color channel of a new material, click the material and start painting. ;)

I've seen those options, and that made sense, but only images that came with 3D Coat and are in the texture folder of my 3DCoat installation seem to work (and my images still won't work if I copy them into the textures folder). Is there something I need to do with the images to get them to work? Is there a specific format that 3D Coat is looking for? I'm using the Mac version if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Galen

Well, I think the quality could depend on many things.

It could be your UV layout or the texture resolution(Im not talking about the resolution of the picture you want to use) you've chosen.

But to get an image to work as a material, there's no need to copy it to the images folder where all the basic 3DC images are.

You just have to click on the folder icon inside the material tab, and browse the picture you want to use.

For a basic "projection" of that picture onto your model, just load a picture for color and leave depth and specular empty.