3DCoat Forums

Wishist: radial fade/masking of brushes

simmsimaging

• Advanced Member

One thing that would be very useful is adding this function as a brush option. It's something I love in Zbrush and (really wish existed in Photoshop too). Very handy when you want to paint a smaller area of your model but want to keep the brush texture size consistent. By having an adjustable edge fade you can contract the size of the brush and keep the core texture the same. Having an adjustable edge hardness to that fade would also be great.

Any chance of that?

Thanks /b

Hey Brett. :)

It seems your feature request was put in rather quickly! :D

Just kidding, this is already in 3DC ATM. It should be on the top bar (near radius, etc), called "Falloff", you can adjust it from 0-100%.

• Advanced Member

Hey Brett. :)

It seems your feature request was put in rather quickly! :D

Just kidding, this is already in 3DC ATM. It should be on the top bar (near radius, etc), called "Falloff", you can adjust it from 0-100%.

Thanks Javis -

:) I hadn't really seen that before, thanks. Having played with it maybe I can change my request to be a tweak of this function?

It's not totally obvious that it will accept values higher than 100 (the slider stops at 100, but you can punch in higher values numerically) and it's necessary to go more like 400-500% to get a really small brush. 100% falloff is really about 50% of the brush size. When at >100% values the brush starts to get a bit jumpy though, like the spacing is too high, so it's of limited use. Also be nice to have control of the transition edge.

Maybe this function could be improved/tightened up, although I understand it's not a priority.

Thanks /b