3DCoat Forums

3.2.03 - Receive stripes after baking texture

Hello.

Today I've made some tests with the baking feature of 3D Coat. We plan to start a very big project soon, and I must make some important tests, before.

What I've done:

1. We have a 1.5 mio high detail object with texture coordinates and a finished texture. Additionally we have a LOD model of the same high poly object.

2. I've loaded the high poly model and the assciated texture into 3D Coat.

3. Then I've opened the texture baking tool and choose the LOD model as the texture receiver. The LOD model have own texture coordinates, of course.

4. Then started the baking process.

All worked fine, but the baking result includes very ugly stripes. See the attachment for the problems.

Is there a possibility to avoid the stripes in the baking result? This is really important.

One more point: While the baking process 3DC stopped the progress bar at 4%. Till the end there was no change and I didn't know: Is the programm working or not? The progress bar freezed. Please correct this. A progress bar should run always.

Best wishes

Chris

post-955-1266249597061_thumb.jpg

Well, that looks pretty similar to the artifacts I got a few weeks ago.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4566

But I was baking from Voxel to low-poly-model (per pixel painting).

There was also the problem with the freezing of the progress bar, just wasnt sure if it is because of my computer or a "bug".

Just posted this as a little refresher, maybe it helps Andrew to solve this problem easier. ;)

Possible.

My problem is a little bit different, I guess. I used a completely finished object inclusive a color texture map, directly from the pixel painting mode to an external model. I don't see stripes in your result. Some artefacts, that is true, but not continuous stripes.

Possible.

My problem is a little bit different, I guess. I used a completely finished object inclusive a color texture map, directly from the pixel painting mode to an external model. I don't see stripes in your result. Some artefacts, that is true, but not continuous stripes.

I know the result is not exactly the same.

It just came to my mind because it was happening whithin the baking progress too, and you also got some of those black artifacts on your texture.

Excuse for big delay, but I discovered the issue.

The probable reason of the problem is that maybe 2 models was merged in scene - low poly and high poly, so baking was messed up.

I tried this workflow and got good result:

- merge ref mesh

- import texture for the ref mesh

- use texture baking tool

Be sure that there are no other objects in scene but reference mesh.

Excuse for big delay, but I discovered the issue.

The probable reason of the problem is that maybe 2 models was merged in scene - low poly and high poly, so baking was messed up.

I tried this workflow and got good result:

- merge ref mesh

- import texture for the ref mesh

- use texture baking tool

Be sure that there are no other objects in scene but reference mesh.

I was shure, I've done it exactly the same way.

But anyway, I will try it again and give you feedback.

Thanx

Chris

3.2.03 (CUDA, Win7, 64bit)

Still the same strange artefacts. See attachments.

What I do:

- Import ref model (obj) in "per pixel mode" and then set texture resolution to 4096(Don't forget this!!!)

- Import high-res texture into 3DC

- Then using the texture baking tool, and export a color map from 3DC to a external file with a res of 4096 px

Receive artefacs... Really strange.

In the second image, you see the baled result on the target low res model.

Best wishes

Chris

post-955-12669458271538_thumb.jpg

post-955-12669470550669_thumb.jpg