3DCoat Forums

how to slow down camera zoom etc

lululee

• Advanced Member

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the camera zoom, rotate etc to slow down. I find it is really difficult to control

I have recently purchased a Wacom tablet and it is even more unruly with the camera controls.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheerio

lululee

Hi there.

I understand your frustration. I've put in a feature request for slower camera controls. Unfortunately at the moment though, it requires a steady hand. All I can recommend is try moving just a tad slow with your stylus. It is second nature to me now, but hopefully in the near future we will have the ability to move the camera at a user controlled speed.

You know there are options for this? Just look under Edit > Preferences. I usually turn my zoom speed down to about .30.

2010-02-22_1604.png

Actually, I didn't! LOL Thanks. :)

Ok, tested it... It's still a little fast when you're zoomed in, but much better.

Hi Phil,

Another thing that can help in the voxel room is to go to the vox tree and right click your layer, then pick Increase Object 2X. You can keep increasing or decreasing until you're happy with the speed.

Doing the "Object 2X", does this only enlarge your view of the model or does it also affect the actual "Scale" of the model?

regards Colin