3DCoat Forums
Ghostdog

A mini collection of forms and shapes

Very nice designs,shapes and renders, Ghostdog. I been working on getting harder looking edges but yours are simply great...

If you got any tips on making those hard smooth edges, I would be very thankfull...

hehe, yes indeed the secret is wrap! multiple subtle twists keep me entertained. It lead to a desire for a modifier cage as per poly-modelling (thread in 'feature requests')

For now I take some stuff out to a poly modeller Hexagon to perform soft-selection style bending & the like.

And now for something completely different.

Recipe: Cone primitive. Extrude, curves & more curve, -> ptex, paint+darken+shift+hue+ tweak tweak.

Result: The horrible thing.

post-1094-12671348961286_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

And now for something completely different.

Recipe: Cone primitive. Extrude, curves & more curve, -> ptex, paint+darken+shift+hue+ tweak tweak.

Result: The horrible thing.

Nice and Gorey it is....quite possibly disturbing. I hope no one crossed your path wrongly today. :D

BTW, did you happen to get you one of the SpacePilots yet? If so, how's it working for you?

hehe yeah it was a bit funny just doodling my way to the end result on autopilot & realising it was a little on the odd side :)

SpacePilot is very tempting, the 'but' is we're building a house which just had the first site works this week! things are little but tight at the moment so we'll see what's leftover in a few months. fingers crossed. :good:

Hi ghostdog, these are very interesting, especially #4,5,6, nice and strong sculpture. You could apply some rusty metal texture, some three point lighting, a background, dof etc, I really like these :good:

Very cool. :)

I especially like your last piece. It is something I would picture while reading Lovecraft or Robert E Howard, or something you would see in a Clive Barker film. Diggin' it! :good:

Thanks for comments, they inspired more 'art therapy' as I like to call it. They might lock me up otherwise. *giggles*

post-1094-126752589734_thumb.jpg

Oki that's enough for now. cheers

Robbie

• Like 1

post-1094-12698443345343_thumb.jpg

Another abstract. Sculpt plus soft-selection refinement in Hexagon. 3 renders of blue, yellow and a metal material were combined in PSe with a bazillion filters applied plus some liquify-loving.

• Like 1