3DCoat Forums

3d Coat on Linux Rocks!!! ......

Marc Wakefield

Marc: 8 million makes MUCH more sense for 3DC.... 80million was quite astounding IMO. I dont think i could get a quarter frame a second with 80, if that(with what I would consider a pretty spiffy system). I was about to consider an immediate install of Kunbutu over my old ubuntu if 80 was the real number you were getting with those system specs.

on another note:

RE: SPLODGE:

I'm not sure if what I was trying to say is coming across clearly, HOLD the W-key down in voxel mode to see a SEVERELY unoptimized poly mesh that represents your voxel sculpt in voxel mode. You arent seeing voxels in voxel mode in 3DC, you are looking at millions of very unoptimized polys all taking up memory on your GPGPU and (gp)gpu/cpu cycles... so YES a sculptris-like method of using the underlying voxel-data/matrix to generate normal-angle-difference-values(to define areas of greater and lesser poly-detail) COULD in fact be used to create a VERY optimized POLYGONAL skin on your voxel sculpt.

Agree. I've ever tested it, it's useful.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

bar code, data matrix