3DCoat Forums

LWO export/import testing

You can download beta 2.01H with LWO export support there:

www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-01H-en.exe

changes:

1) LWO export

2) many, many bags of LWO import fixed

3) curves bugs fixed (CTRL-enter worked incorrect)

4) very many small but bad bugs was fixed.

Please backup working 3B files, because there was many changes with save/load of mesh. I have checked as careful as possible, but... it is beta. The release will be at November 5.

Please write me about any export/import problems there.

The next export/import update.

Now 3D-Brush exports LWo files with normalmap and creates corresponding nodes structure. In the case of exporting hippo made from sphere it is better to export mid poly mesh. Also some important bugs was fixed (thank to Dodgy). Also you can hide surface parts in hide face mode simply by double click. Another important improvement is done - if you will import mesh without smoothing you will be able to export correct normalmap. It is very important for painting arcitectural and technical modecs like cars. The link is below:

http://www.3d-brush.com/files/3d-brush-2-01J-en.exe

Andrew

... Another important improvement is done - if you will import mesh without smoothing you will be able to export correct normalmap. It is very important for painting arcitectural and technical modecs like cars...

That's great andrew :) I am doing lots of work now which involves modeling in Rhino, exporting unsmoothed models to render in Modo. This will be really useful for me...

shorty

Hi, I'm a newly registered 3D-Brush owner using the latest 2.01J version and can't figure out how to "export LWO files with normalmap and create corresponding nodes structure". I can't find any menu options for LW export or save as LWO.

Additionally, under menu "view/options/normalmaps export" there are only options for 3D-Max and Maya. If this is intentional, which option should we use for LW9.x?

On another forum, it was suggested to add an option for writing the texture file with/without alpha channel. I don't own Photoshop so this would help a lot when the need arises.

For people that don't own Photoshop, what PS alternatives are there that work with 3D-Brush? I can't get Bauhaus' Mirage to work with 3D-Brush. It doesn't import all the 3D-Brush layers; only one white layer. If I paint on that layer and save over the 3D-Brush file, 3D-Brush gets stuck on trying to load the texture. It just keeps trying to load over and over going from 0% to 90% , then 0% to 90%, etc...

Thanks for this awesome program and the 3D-Brush team's hard work...MG

I think you have already found the File->Save low poly mesh - it is about LWO export :)

About 2D - editor - you can use GIMP for example. Another alternative - Deep Painter (http://www.download.com/Deep-Paint/3000-2191_4-10398243.html)

Both of them are free and supporst PSD files. Deepp painter seems to be slightly better, but it has one inconviniece - you should specify the path to file not automatically but by arms.