3DCoat Forums

Alien

Juan Carlos Montes

• Advanced Member
Cool! Have you used normalmap or bump? Worldspace normal map or tangent? It is interesting because president of Daz3D has written me that he is interested in integration between Daz3D products and 3D-Brush. Can we use that image for gallery?

Thanks!

I use Worldspace normal maps with baker plugin from Inagoni.

Yes you can use in the gallery :).

• Advanced Member
The displacement/normal maps are nor very 'visible' and the result on the final rendered picture is really discreet. you should try to push the map values....

Nice job anyway.

Thanks rimasson for the comment I push a little more the details on the face an clothe I render a bigger version.

Alien_by_mox3d.jpg

I can do a tutorial on whast the process that I did but I am not the so great writing in english If you help me with some of the words.

Yes, now we have one man in our team that can check writing in english. He works with us not so long, so grammar in 3DB is still not so good, but the situation will be improved in future. That man knows english very well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is awesome. I never saw an animation done with carrara before. Do you find the animation tools easy to use and stable. I have been looking at the carrara 6 sale on daz 3d. I downloaded carrara 5 demo, the interface is weird to me, I guess it's pretty different than other 3d apps. Your renders look great. What render engine does carrara use? Do you recommend carrara?

• Advanced Member
This is awesome. I never saw an animation done with carrara before. Do you find the animation tools easy to use and stable. I have been looking at the carrara 6 sale on daz 3d. I downloaded carrara 5 demo, the interface is weird to me, I guess it's pretty different than other 3d apps. Your renders look great. What render engine does carrara use? Do you recommend carrara?

Carrara is not the best option for Character animation Bones in Carrara6 still buggy, I was easy to animate the alien because its only the torso the nek with the face, I use morph targets for the face expression. For the render a use carrara default render. I recommend carrara for static render not for advance animation is rely easy to use, the shader editor its a bit difficult to learn.

• 3 weeks later...

I plan on using 3D-Brush with Carrara as well. The bones glitch is supposed to be fixed in the next service release, probably coming this month or maybe next. I think Carrara is one of the best deals in 3D, and anything that would make it work better with 3D-brush would be great for me. One thing that comes to mind would be additional painting channels for weighting. It'd be nice to be able to switch from the current preview (showing diffuse, specular, and displacement) to a preview of the hair growth weight map, or to paint the bone weighting to use with, for example, Sparrowhawke's free soft body plug-in. (I'm sure there are other maps that Carrara uses, but those are the first two to come to mind.)