3DCoat Forums

A humble request: attach 3db to my dongle

UnCommonGrafx

UnCommonGrafx is a Lightwave guru. Seeing him around can only mean good news for 3d-brush.

Hi Andrew, Robert and all

I agree. I would rather have 3d brush locked to my LW dongle rather then to my machine.

I do a lot of freelance work at various studios and this would be great.

It shouldnt be difficult to create a small plugin for LW that allows 3dbrush to read the dongle

that way. Anyways great software. Many people out here in Hollywood are impressed with the software

and are picking it up. I know that some ppl are R & H love it! Take care.

-Larry

Juan,

I am a student like us all. Each student has their pinnacle; one of mine chimed in soon after. ;)

Andrew, I'll happily scour the boards and sdk to find you the info to tie 3DBrush to the dongle. Has to be there as others use it. ;)

It would be worth it for me.

As I use your app that much more I am finding it to be just the ticket needed for the lightwave community. A very powerful application. And QUICK! I like a lot. Being able to save everything makes you a king in my mind; being able to recall splines is a GODSEND.

As a ZBrush Fan, I have to tell you it is a pleasure to have something to detail with at this level with the speed and options you've given us within the LW paradigm. Endomorph preservation on your part is a great start. I sure hope you plan to open up this preservation into being able to sculpt/detail endos individually. Here, I am thinking of phonemes, face primaries (smiles,frowns, etc.) and general facial changes that would do well being put in with a program liek this. Crows feet where you want them... Smile lines right there, on spot, added based on the percentage of the smile endo...

I like to dream... There go some of my hopes for your program, Andrew. I am enjoying it.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...
To everyone who is interested in attaching 3DB to dongle: please download the program

http://www.3d-brush.com/misc/DetectDongle.exe

and send me the result of it's work to support@3d-brush.com

It will help me to understand what is nature of dongle...

The program did not detect the presence of the dongle as a device... the information before and after was identical.

You may already know this, but the dongle uses a driver for it's operation, so I think (I'm just speculating) that you must access the driver to read the dongle. The driver is installed when you install LightWave. Look for "Sentinel Protection Installer 7.4.0.exe" in your LW root directory. I don't know if there is information you can gain from it.

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

just drop the damn hardware specific serial!

some people own multiple computers and you can't expect them to buy a copy of 3D-Brush for each.

even expensive programs don't use such a thing :huh: It makes no sence and will only hurt 3D-Brushes sales to have this.

• Advanced Member
just drop the damn hardware specific serial!

some people own multiple computers and you can't expect them to buy a copy of 3D-Brush for each.

even expensive programs don't use such a thing It makes no sence and will only hurt 3D-Brushes sales to have this.

As the maker of the software, he's entitled to sell it as he chooses. Surely

you can understand why he might not want people to install it on any

number of machines they feel like?

Also :

"A Serial Number is bound to a single computer, but if you have a second

PC or if you replace your PC, we can create extra Serial Number at no

extra cost (as long as it's for the same user)."

Seems like a pretty reasonable mid-ground, and offers up a fair amount of

honor-system attitude in my view...some vendors allow for more installs (Silo

comes to mind), and some allow for less. If you REALLY need 3dbrush installed

on 4 machines, for example, at it's current price, why not buy two licenses and

help the developer make the software even better with your investment? Especially

since with all those installations, you're probably using 3dbrush alot, right? <_<