3DCoat Forums

3DC Crashes after installation of GTX-480

• Contributor

Thank you for an answer ... after five days <_<

I have the latest Version. There is no newer Beta than 197.75...

Where can I find new actual Beta drivers?

Mazak

Remember, honey good, vinegar bad (for catching flies and other things). :rolleyes:

Thank you for an answer ... after five days <_<

Excuse, I was in vacation last week, birth of 4-th son and moving to new flat was not too easy task :)

I have the latest Version. There is no newer Beta than 197.75...

Where can I find new actual Beta drivers?

I mean 197.75 BETA driver. I know at least one user that got this problem solved with that drivers.

Please excuse me but, I have searched the forms and no one with a Fermi based video card is able to run 3D-Coat and try to voxel sculpt with CUDA on.

Among other programs too. They are very new cards. Anyone that is an early adopter should know not everything will work with said early technology. ;)

In time, it will no doubt will.

• Contributor

Ouch! I was thinking of going Fermi soon, upgrading from my ancient, primitive, non-CUDA GTX 7600 GS. I have even already bought Octane, to get their pre-release half-price. Maybe it's prudent to wait until Nvidia ships updated, non-beta drivers. I already worry about whether going Fermi is smart, given its heat and noise, I don't need additional worries! Some vendors are starting to ship non-reference Fermis now, which have different and better cooling solutions, I might wait for a larger selection of those. Any thoughts, folks?

I contacted NVidia, we are discussing this problem.

I need additional info:

Please run 32-bit CUDA version of 3D-Coat and send me bugreport after crash. Post there when it will be done (write something in comments to bugreport for easy finding)

And one of customers reported me by e-mail that problem was solved after installing that beta drivers.

I have installed the 64 Bit version only. I need to download the 32 Bit version first. Can I run both versions parallel?

Mazak

I got on responce on this topic. I am re-uploading build to check if it fixed. So wait until my next post and then download.

And in general you may have both versions installed simultaneously.

Thank you!

I written to NVidia support again. I hope all will be resolved soon.

Hi Andrew,

On Linux, only driver 195.36.24 and above will detect GTX 480. Sergyi has posted a question on Nvidia forum with no replies. (Link: http://developer.nvidia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4540). Is it possible to propagate this problem to Nvidia as well? I haven't used 3d-coat in quite a while now, really hope to be able to use it again.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Faizol

Hi Andrew,

On Linux, only driver 195.36.24 and above will detect GTX 480. Sergyi has posted a question on Nvidia forum with no replies. (Link: http://developer.nvidia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4540). Is it possible to propagate this problem to Nvidia as well? I haven't used 3d-coat in quite a while now, really hope to be able to use it again.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Faizol

Yes, this problem was discussed with them too and solved. Next drivers release will solve this problem.

• Advanced Member

Hi,

Win 7 - 64 Bit - ( No crash with CUDA - But invisible Voxels )

Merged Mesh...visible...when I try to build upon that mesh .....

turns invisible within the stroke area.

Getting closer.