3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.3 updates thread

Wow, You go dude, he is popping out updates faster than I can report bugs.. hehehe, very awesome dude, keep up the good work / I'm impressed. Not sure if this is a bug or not but The 3.3.11 revision with automapping seems way better, but with full smoothing on it still left one almost gap like seam down the side, but all the other seams etc.. were welded and perfectly appear as one. If this is normal, thats okay, because the changes your making seem to keep improving the import results.. I'm importing for Per-Pixel sorry forgot to include that, Maybe I can use voxel sculpting or something to fill in the small gap.. BTW: I did do welding on all verts inside the 3d modeler before exporting the OBJ file, then I read something about OBJ files, export with all seams un-welded, is this going to always be a problem then?

Thanks again, sorry for the runons, just tired been up for a while now, since like 10:00 am yesterday.. ;')

StOrM3

PS. I edited the post because I didn't want it to seem off topic..

Has anyone else had a problem with the installer for Version 12 (CUDA 32)? When I finished installation and tried to run the beta, I got an error - cudart.dll missing. In fact it is not in the version 12 folder. There is almost nothing in that folder, unlike previous betas that place many files and folders inside the main folder. I tried downloading the installer a second time - with the same results. When I "borrowed" the missing file and added it to the V12 folder, the program starts but has only a black screen with no tool bars, etc. This is the With CUDA - 32 bit installer.

OS = Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

BOXX Computer running Dual Xeons

Quadro FX 3700 (nVidia) graphics card

• Advanced Member

I agree totally to this.Retopo Groups deserved a newsletter for themselves.

It completely passed under the industry's radar I think.Some people still think Topogun is superior solution.

while 3DCoat site is still advertising the Cap tool..I mean Cap tool is cool,but Retopo Layers are groundbreaking.

IMHO advertising by users on forums is bad marketing,most of the times it gives a phony impression

and leads to arguing and needless petty talks.

Speaking of retopolayers seems you can't import obj into own layer , or can you ? Anytime I import mesh it's on the same layer like main one and there is no way to move it to another one.

• Contributor

Speaking of retopolayers seems you can't import obj into own layer , or can you ? Anytime I import mesh it's on the same layer like main one and there is no way to move it to another one.

All objects are automatically imported to a newly created layer.

Unless object is the same or is derivated from same .obj.

If object is the same it will be added to the same layer.

To bypass this its simple:

On import of first object click "Slect all face of this layer"(the little grid-like button at the bottom of retopo layers panel)

Then create a new layer and click "Move Selected faces to current layer". :)

• Reputable Contributor

Don, have you tried the Pitch slider?

http://screencast.com/t/ZWQ5OGQxMzkt

Thanks...my bad (slaps self on the forehead....a Homer Simpson moment...Doooh!), I was looking everywhere in the panel but the top. I just tried the feature for the first time recently, as I never really had a need to use it

At the risk of being too off topic once again... I have a (probably stupid) question about the incremental installer. If I install 3.3.12, does this mean I do not have to install the 3.3.11 previously (as it is mentioned it works with 3.3.08 upwards)?

It's not off topic, it's a technical question related to 3DC. :)

that's fantastic! been waiting for this ( realtime displacement in the sculpt room ) to be implemented into 3d-coat for a while. more improvements like this will definitely bring 3d-coat into the realm of being used more in professional production alongside it's robust painting, retopology, and uv toolsets. not to mention voxels for quick mesh generation and concepting. let's go vector displacements, auto retopology presets, and multiple subdivisions next! you rock andrew. god bless.

• Reputable Contributor

Is it me or is everybody now using my UI color scheme here? :p: When did that happen? For those that want it (The one that appeared in my Slink Video) I uploaded the theme file below.

All I know is that I stumbled upon it in the opening splash screen (under Yellow theme). I was curious as to what Yellow might look like, and when I noticed it was similar to Modo (I like that UI scheme), I stuck with it.

Do you really need to deleted them all he time? If you want to be more organized you could just create a new folder for your personal images (click the triangle in the corner) and then it will always load your folder instead of the default one. I do this with pens and it even works after installing a new update.

• Advanced Member

thank you for info phil

I think I found autoretopo glitch - if snake tool is used often only the link is autoretoped not whole snake, for example snake spring retopos as whole but snake 'chain' will retopo only the link, and the links are welded while in voxels aren't welded.

• Reputable Contributor

Andrew there is a major problem creating strokes after painting the dense areas with the surface freeze tool. It automatically converts the object to Surface and I've had the Strokes tool fighting with me every step of the way, with parts of the lines darting off beneath the surface in crazy ways. I finally tried to switch back to Volume mode and although that stopped the problem with the strokes....but doing that erases the areas I painted (for density), naturally.

The Strokes tool had problems before with Surface mode. Maybe it never got fixed. I just haven't tried it since then. I'll send you a screen capture of the prolem later. I just wanted to warn others of the issue too, so they can skirt around it until it get's fixed.

Did the latest update that Andrew released do something to the pen tablet support system?? I noticed my pressure sensitivity is way off now all the sudden, like it is really really sensitive, like clicking on stuff, even when I am hovering about the screen just trying to move the pointer to an option... I know I didn't change any options, all I did was update to 11, then to 12, and all the sudden it is really wierd.. I tried changing batteries to some new super duper energizer max, and it appears better, but it is still acting kind of funky inside of 3dCoat.. Of course I messed with the sensitivity setting last night, changing from original good value of ".97" all the way to 4.00 then down as low as .12, and I'm not noticing alot of difference either way, even though I have 1024 levels of pressure available, and I have the setting inside the win 7 driver set to the highest hardest tolerance setting, which makes it work perfectly on the desktop and in windows explorer, it is supposed to stop the accidental clicks when hovering by making you have to press hard to actually click etc.. is this the way it is in 3dCoat? Higher value = harder you have to press down to click?!? Sorry, but now I'm all confused since up til' now it worked without a hitch.. Thanks for any and all replies, let me know if anyone else is experiencing anything wierd..

Thanks,

StOrM3 aka Ken

• Advanced Member

All I have noticed with the new version is it opens quicker, runs smoother and is just MUCH better than before. Not sure if its some setting I changed or that something clogging up 3dcoat was finally cleared out. :D

Maybe the extra sensitivity with the tablet is because of that.

No real idea but for the first time I am actually able to do things and not have it feeling clunky.

Cheers

Mike R

(By the way I am on a mac.)

• Advanced Member

Did the latest update that Andrew released do something to the pen tablet support system?? I noticed my pressure sensitivity is way off now all the sudden, like it is really really sensitive, like clicking on stuff, even when I am hovering about the screen just trying to move the pointer to an option... I know I didn't change any options, all I did was update to 11, then to 12, and all the sudden it is really wierd.. I tried changing batteries to some new super duper energizer max, and it appears better, but it is still acting kind of funky inside of 3dCoat.. Of course I messed with the sensitivity setting last night, changing from original good value of ".97" all the way to 4.00 then down as low as .12, and I'm not noticing alot of difference either way, even though I have 1024 levels of pressure available, and I have the setting inside the win 7 driver set to the highest hardest tolerance setting, which makes it work perfectly on the desktop and in windows explorer, it is supposed to stop the accidental clicks when hovering by making you have to press hard to actually click etc.. is this the way it is in 3dCoat? Higher value = harder you have to press down to click?!? Sorry, but now I'm all confused since up til' now it worked without a hitch.. Thanks for any and all replies, let me know if anyone else is experiencing anything wierd..

Thanks,

StOrM3 aka Ken

Being a newbie with the pen, I need to resort back to the mouse to keep the pen from accidentally clicking or drawing. It is really sensitive but not on windows.

Thanks,

StOrM3 aka Ken

There was not any changes with pen support for a very long time.