3DCoat Forums

Working with multiple objects

I have a robot which is made up of a few diferent meshes. I merged them into 3dcoat as .obj seperattly, and let 3dcoat auto unwrap the uv's. I cant find where to name/rename the uv's, they are currently all named "default". Also when i want to export one of the meshes textures, it is always of the last merged mesh.

How can i rename uv's, and how can i export the desired colour map of the mesh i wish?

Thankyou.

You can rename uvs only in the "UV" area. But first you have to put your model into the paint room.

The colors, which you see in the retopo area, can't be exported. They are just a help to distinguish between the used uv islands/clusters in 3D Coat.

You can rename uvs only in the "UV" area. But first you have to put your model into the paint room.

The colors, which you see in the retopo area, can't be exported. They are just a help to distinguish between the used uv islands/clusters in 3D Coat.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Where in the uv area is the renaming option?

and when i say colours, i more mean in the paint area, i have painted a texture onto the object and wish to export that out. but it is spread over the diferent meshes, so will be split into individual textures. 1 for the body, 1 for the side door, 1 for the front flap. does that make sence?

Thanks

You can rename the uvs in Version 3.3.02 which can be found here.

It is your decision to split the textures in different files. If you don't want this, you can put the uvs to one single in the uv area of version 3.3.02.

You can rename the uvs in Version 3.3.02 which can be found here.

It is your decision to split the textures in different files. If you don't want this, you can put the uvs to one single in the uv area of version 3.3.02.

Thanks, helped alot