3DCoat Forums

Brake caliper

philnolan3d

I'm a little confused about what you're asking for. The wires above are pretty much just how I got them out of 3DC. I wasn't really too careful about the neatness with this one because it didn't have to be absolutely perfect.

• Reputable Contributor

I'm a little confused about what you're asking for. The wires above are pretty much just how I got them out of 3DC. I wasn't really too careful about the neatness with this one because it didn't have to be absolutely perfect.

The only problem I have with trying to do hardsurface sculpting in Voxels, is that it essentially doubles your workload, if you have to Retopologize the thing. But with organic work, you want to use the Voxel clay to create details, and you can quickly generate a base to work from.

It's cool to see what can be done with Voxels, in regard to hard surface work, but when watching Leigh's tutorial on the Scorpion (from Avatar), I was thinking the same thing...it's not very efficient for production purposes. Very nice work on the Audi, BTW.

I found it easier because with the caliper it's very complicated shape and I wasn't quite sure how to go about it with polygons. If there was a voxel base it essentially takes away one dimension and it's kind of like laying polys out in 2D.

And thanks.

Speaking of triangulation in this regard. Topo would HAVE to be clean as that's the point. ;)

good job on all of this.

• Advanced Member

This philnolan's experiment is not pointless. Suppose you have to construct a ruined house. Half clear geometry, half organic. Think about it. :drinks:

Yes philnolan3d I drink a lot, I'm afraid, not to much but... some more beers are great sometimes. lol

• Reputable Contributor

Looking forward to more updates as you use LightWave and 3DCoat to make the car...

A few Mexican beers with salt on the bottle top and a lemon, Pandora radio on the other computer, sculpting in 3DCoat make for a nice evening.... B)