3DCoat Forums

Finished. I mean not exactly but this came up. I think I got him. The fisherman, the contraband man, the pirate, five years prisoner, the man who speaks low though, so not to attract attention of gods (or rich men or tourists), the man who understands the deeper meaning of ancient 'hybris=(To pay attention on your personal needs, when a neighbor has problems). A deeper meaning of community. Sorry for my english...

• Like 1

Finished. I mean not exactly but this came up. I think I got him. The fisherman, the contraband man, the pirate, five years prisoner, the man who speaks low though, so not to attract attention of gods (or rich men or tourists), the man who understands the deeper meaning of ancient 'hybris=(To pay attention on your personal needs, when a neighbor has problems). A deeper meaning of community. Sorry for my english...

Excellent work! The sentiments expressed remind me of the Inuit.

THANK YOU friends.

I feel almost :blush: for another reason. Because I also used zbrush for this. Haikalle, this is a zbrush preview export (at ~3500x2500 px), background via PP.

I used a zb matcap, I also painted some textures in 3dc, UVs from UV master, its a portrait (easy UVs) anyway. I used these textures as displacement map too.

Started in 3DC voxels as you know, topology room ~2k, subdivided the mesh to 33k and exported to zb. Reconstructed subdivisions there (quads only). This captured all the work I had in 3DC (1.5 M voxels). Started to sculpt more details at ~100k and almost finished it there. The benefits of good topology. Finished at 2.5 M plus another 2.5M for the shirt (mostly for texture displ)

Same method for the shirt of course.

I'll export it as a multi-res mesh in blender now (I already posted how) I'll export matcap too (he he) so to have some more fun.

This is the workflow, it makes sense now.

And suddenly we have multi-res in voxels, now I have to start again... these developers will, never leave us in peace. :drinks:

• Like 1

Some times re-topology is not the best way to go.

Here is a small tutorial on how to sculpt archaic style hair on statues. Its in zb but for all the quad in outs sculpting apps.

I started with a simple brush tool, following existing topology, move tool next, a flattener next for a 'third face' look.

The re-topo adaptation from voxels is not the best, its quiet difficult to re topo pre sculpted voxels like these.

Even the low poly version looks fine (ready for normal and displacement maps)

• Like 1

This is the first time I tried this 3dArtist, usually I use voxels and retopo. Same trick in topo room works but some artifacts may be expected because we move the cage not the existing geometry. Now I'm testing displacement map on this, looks just perfect.

Being a beta tester of a new renderer for SketchUp (podium v2, its a Kray clone), I tried to import a decimated version of this. A ~40k tri model. This renderer is not supporting normal maps yet, or even specularity. So I baked a matcap (zbrush like) using normal orientation. It works fast in SU (realtime animation, shadows on), never mind have fun. These SketchUp guys don't believe it.

Some test renders in blender internal, imported as a 2k multi res model, no displacement is needed, normals only for details, matcap adopted from zbrush. BI renders ~100k here.

Some test renders in blender internal, imported as a 2k multi res model, no displacement is needed, normals only for details, matcap adopted from zbrush. BI renders ~100k here.

Wow,the matcap really pops out well. :good:

Best Render for the subject I think.It suits the subject.

Did you bake it to texture?

Or did you import the shaderball to Blender?

(ok,I think I got a crit for you there..(Im not good at anatomy and stuff :pardon: ...)

I think the nostrils area is too chubby.Maybe more thinner and sharper.)

thanks artman, I used the shader ball, but I also managed to bake it too. Used specular vector though, not normal vector. It works. The baked map works for apps that don't support normals too, it saves some details illusion better than AO. I'm still testing this.

You mean the opening erea, right, I forgot this. lol Never mind. As I forgot to sculpt hair in one of the two side views LOL again. As I alway forget to seat down and model eyes. But all these days I was testing (beta tester) a new kray engine for SketchUp. Boring...

it saves some details illusion better than AO.

Agreed. :)

I think proper multipass shader baking is much stronger than the usual "crazycolored"diffuse+ AO approach.

Yeap. Now, about the nostrils area, see the zbrush render, the problem is not visible. When a raytracer comes then we see the truth. I'll fix it in blender sculpt mode. 3DC has not this problem. We always need a preview real render from time to time as we sculpt.

Some times re-topology is not the best way to go.

Here is a small tutorial on how to sculpt archaic style hair on statues. Its in zb but for all the quad in outs sculpting apps.

I started with a simple brush tool, following existing topology, move tool next, a flattener next for a 'third face' look.

The re-topo adaptation from voxels is not the best, its quiet difficult to re topo pre sculpted voxels like these.

Even the low poly version looks fine (ready for normal and displacement maps)

Very nice illustartive of technique. Very Fine bust!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Thanks LJB, but I changed my mind recently. Slightly. lol

Stretching of quads is not the best. Desavantage here. lol again.

This technic works for these hair case only, I'm afraid so.