3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
grapix

African bust

Just friggin awesome. :) Top notch work as usual from you sir.

No crits from me whatsoever(oh yeah....eyebrows maybe..).

Very nice. How long are the rendertimes in modo for such an image?

I already shaw this in zbrushcentral, once again, great sculpture, (this is what I like), great eyes too, hair are not so great though. The skin under needs some tricky painting IMO. Or you need another app for this.

BTW this is an african american skin, not a skin of a lady in open african sun light.

A question: DId you start with voxels? If not, if this started as a base mesh in modo, then why re topo? When I was starting portraits in blender (reference background photos, front, side views) I never needed re topo. Topology was there alright from the first moment.

I prefer the voxel method, more close to real art.

BTW this is an african american skin, not a skin of a lady in open african sun light.

She is probably from Capetown.

This is a very nice model. Can we see your topology. Because if that was the only thing done with 3d-coat I feel it is important to show it in this forum too. Thanks.

She is probably from Capetown.

Probably. Should be darker then. With all these beautiful african reflections, I have some very good friends here, good musicians too. (double base is my hobby) lol

Afro American is closer, captured from a white photographer.

Sculpture is great anyway. I still don't understand why 3dC used for re topo. Imagine to begin a sculpt from a sphere in zbrush and then re topo in 3dC. Only problems this way.

To start in voxels room and retopo, then export in zbrush sounds more reasonable.

Probably. Should be darker then. With all these beautiful african reflections, I have some very good friends here, good musicians too. (double base is my hobby) lol

Afro American is closer, captured from a white photographer.

Sculpture is great anyway. I still don't understand why 3dC used for re topo. Imagine to begin a sculpt from a sphere in zbrush and then re topo in 3dC. Only problems this way.

To start in voxels room and retopo, then export in zbrush sounds more reasonable.

I started this sculpture as simple poly sphere and progressed to hi rez zbrush sculpt which i used as template for new topology in 3D COAT.

I would love to sculpt with voxels in 3dcoat but it feels unnatural to me compared with zbrush, but retopo tools are top.

I dont find so important if she has skin tone like afro american or african or what ever i like this color tone and thats it, its obvious that i could darken it to 100% black if i want to but i like it way it is.

here is the wireframe:

wirevr.jpg

Sign in to follow this