3D Coat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

3D-Coat at SIGGRAPH

After seeing the 3d coat booth at siggraph i figured i'd give 3dc another looksy. What they were displaying was pretty nice and it seemed the most packed booth of all the small booths at the convention.

It was cool meeting Greg there and got to talk to Andrew for a minute which was nice. I didn't get any swagg though. I wanted a shirt or something. hehe. j/k

There was an interesting moment when Rob Powers of LW came over and wisked Andrew away to their newtek booth. I quickly followed to see what was up, but i couldn't find them. Anyone have insider info on what that was about? this happened on Tuesday evening before the convention closed for the night.

Anyhoo, the new stuff looks pretty sweet. I was going to buy zbrush 4 with the siggraph discount, but 3d-coat booth made me re think that for the moment. Gonna check out the new version and if i like i'll go ahead and upgrade and hang out here a bit more :)

God Bless,

George

It was pretty crazy, I think we are all happy now that it is over, because we're all uber tired. :p

We got swamped at the booth, and talked to soooo many people, it was actually quite great meeting everyone. Many existing users stopped by, and I want to thank all of you that did!! It was very fun to meet and talk to you guys and gals. :)

As for the "whisking" away part, it's nothing to worry about. Just business. ;)

I doubt anyone was worried, I think it's fair to assume everyone expected it was business.

hehe, right on. It was just great to see 3d-coat getting some much deserved attention.

Great work Andrew and team!

-George

I doubt anyone was worried, I think it's fair to assume everyone expected it was business.

Well there is always going to be some concern, anytime a major 3D Application's exec's talk to a smaller vendor...as many times "business" takes on an exclusive nature, if you know what I mean...cough "Autodesk"....cough, cough "Mudbox". Pardon me, need some water. :D

That's a good point, I also got Vue Infinite and LWCad with my upgrades.

That was one of the things they were doing during the show...talking to different studios, vendors and educational institutions.

I agree, that would be a great promotional combination (LW 10+ 3D Coat), but I personally feel Rob thinks more highly of Andrew's accomplishments than to just seek a cross-promotion deal. That's not any inside info or anything. Just a gut feeling. Kind of like reading the wind before taking a shot.

I am missing some booth photos. Where are the photos, guys? :)

Ahhh, they just arrived home as I understand. So hopefully Stas will be posting some photos after he gets some rest.

I am looking forward to seeing them too!

I am missing some booth photos. Where are the photos, guys? :)

Here are a couple....Javis on the left, Oleg on the right, in the first one. In the 2nd, Andrew on the left, and Stas on the right. The 3rd is the 3 Amigos. :D.

The 2nd to last one, Stas and Oleg are busted by the Fun Police.

Well I couldn't make it, but at least some of my work did (My Starfighter on the back wall sign) Thanks for posting pics.

Well I couldn't make it, but at least some of my work did (My Starfighter on the back wall sign) Thanks for posting pics.

Sure thing...Stas and Oleg may post some more later, but those show what the booth looked like and how busy it could get at times.

Awesome. Hey thanks for posting those Don. :good:

Fantastic summary!Totally felt like being there. :)

Daniel write very good english (Im french so...I cant judge that much,but still!!)

Yeah, nice photos, but I feel pretty let down, Daniel not having posted my body surfing photos. 5 Footers! I kid you not.

Just for that, I might have to post the beach photos of the guys in their Speedos.

Greg Smith