3DCoat Forums

request for sculpties

jikito

Hi there,

I love 3d coat, mostly I make sculpties for Secondlife. but one problem i keep facing with 3d coat is when i use any smooth features and ect, the sculpt comes apart at the poles...

could 3dcoat be made so that it doesnt pull apart at the poles when using the sculpting features? Otherwise its kinda useless except for some real minor stuff...and texture painting

thanks

Jikito

• 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

well.. I downloaded 3.3.01.. that was most recent version i can find.. and am still having the problems of poles seperating on smooth..

enclosed attachment with this.

I think that is something that is hurting 3DC a little bit, as prospective customers, who are trying out the application don't realize there are subsequent builds so they are using one that is months old. And we all know how much gets done in that amount of time. There are more changes from 3.3.01 to 3.3.08 than most software provides in a .5 or full release.

I was walking a friend of mine through some of the tools, and he did the same thing...had downloaded 3.3.01 from the trial page. I was trying to show the Cache to Desk and Multi-Resolution features, and he was like "My screen doesn't have that." The best way to solve that would be to insure that the Trial Download is linked to each new build. You want to show prospective customers your best stuff, and that would do the trick.