3DCoat Forums

Introduce yourself!

Javis

Haha, me too. ;)

I've replied to that person in another thread, and we've been getting a number of users registering with similarly vague posts. We'll see if he/she responds to my query in the other thread.

Hi all. My name is Tom Guthrie from Atlanta, GA USA. I am a retired technology executive now running a consulting business called Vizwerx Group (www.vizwerx.com) that focuses on using visual practices to help companies communicate better (with each other inside the company, with their customers, their suppliers and others inside and outside their industry).

Over the past few years, we have incorporated 2D animation as a key component of our delivery system. In 2015, we plan to expand our horizons to include 3D.

I am new to 3D so my toolset may change but at present m 3D toolkit includes: 3D-Coat, iClone 6, 3DExchange, DAZ 3D studio and Photoshop.

I look forward to interacting with everyone and getting your help on my 3D adventure.

• Reputable Contributor

hello all, it has been just weeks since i got my hands on 3d coat,  i have so much to learn but im trying to use it every day, this is my first work. 3dcoat/3ds max.

patricio_m.jpg

I hope that is not reflective of your assessment of 3D Coat. :D However, that could be a great new logo for Autodesk Softimage....now that they killed it. :p:

Hello everybody;

I live on the east coast of Canada. I am a civil engineer by trade, a software engineer by profession and an artist at heart. I've been involved with 3D since 1999 and decided that 2015 will be the year to add 3D Coat to my arsenal. So I bought myself a license over the holidays and here I am :) 

Best

• 4 weeks later...

Hello....

My name is Jon. I've known about(and used) 3D coat since 2012 while studying in college, but I sort of lost interest after graduating.

Got into 3D coat again this year after trying pbr painting, and it pretty much stood out from all the 3D painting programs I tried recently.

Anyway since I'm using the program more often now, I though this would be a good time to join and participate in the forums.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Mike. I am new to 3D Coat. I'm going to school for game design and 3D Coat was recommended. So far, I like it;however, like any 3D application, it is taking me a while to familiarize myself with it and make anything worth sharing at this point. I just purchsed my copy a few days ago. noob.