3DCoat Forums

Introduce yourself!

Javis

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks ! 

I'm Rogue, a former Zbrush user that is working on converting fully to 3DC. Wish I knew about this program sooner, I just love everything about it eeeexeeept that you guys sorda need to get more publicity out there, both to get more people into it and to get more documentation like tutorials and resources spread out online. I'm sure lots more people would love 3DC.

Hello everyone, my name is Germán, I am a professor of visual arts, illustrator and also some modeling work for video games. I'm from Santa Fe, Argentina. I have some experience with software for 3d, currently working as a freelancer, and searching tools to work so I'm discovering 3D-coat. This is a great tool! :D

Best regards!

my works: http://germancazes.prosite.com/370161/gallery

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

It took me almost a year to decide, but I finally bought a license for 3D-Coat yesterday. I've been using/learning ZBrush for a while but the lack of 3Dconnexion support and a few other things made me finally dive in. I spent most of yesterday watching some getting started tutorials and I'm really liking 3D-coat so far. 

-tommy

• Reputable Contributor

Welcome!

3DCoat is a great tool to have in your toolbox.  I've been using it since late 2007 and it is still one of my most used 3D applications...

Edited by digman

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My name is Gabriel. I recently decided to try 3d coat and after only watching one navigation tutorial to get used to the interface I was able to make what you see in the picture below (the rightmost one is a dumb down version of the model rendered in cycles in Blender). Needless to say that I switched out of zbrush after the experience. I started a base model in Blender but with quite a few parts missing and was able to create all the missing things in 3d coat and looking back I feel like I could have done the entire thing in 3D coat. I said I switched out of zbrush after the experience and here is why. As a test I moved over the base model to zbrush and only dynamesh got me anything workable but it was super slow because it needed such a high resolution, thing which 3D deals with much faster with voxels than zbrush with dynamesh. Zbrush's auto retopology (zremesh) for hard surfaces pretty much doesn't exist so I was stuck having to use dynamesh. In 3D coat hardsurfaces was a breeze and the painting was insanely easy, I felt I was cheating really bad. Needless to say I can't imagine how much longer it would have taken in zbrush to get the same result both in the sculpting and painting side of things. You guys are awesome, this program is incredible.

post-39231-0-58692300-1429853662_thumb.p

post-39231-0-82756600-1429853664_thumb.p

post-39231-0-76710200-1429854858_thumb.p

Edited by piacenti
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there! My name is Kasia, I'm from Poland. I started learning 3d in Blender then Sculptris then i discovered 3d Coat and use it ever since. I'm making mostly models and clothes. Currently working as a freelancer. I hope to learn a lot from You guys here :) Wish You all the best :)

• Contributor

Hi there! My name is Kasia, I'm from Poland. I started learning 3d in Blender then Sculptris then i discovered 3d Coat and use it ever since. I'm making mostly models and clothes. Currently working as a freelancer. I hope to learn a lot from You guys here :) Wish You all the best :)

Witaj Kasiu. W każdej chwili służymy dobrą radą. :)

I'm very curious about your experience with clothes in 3D-Coat. When you have some free time, would you mind sharing your workflow? I'm mostly interested in whether you prefer to work with clothes that have physical thickness (very thin manifold surfaces) or with non-manifolds (and why).

Contributor, I usually make clothes in Marvelous Designer first then import them to 3d Coat with thickness so i can make more detail and change shape if i need. idk if this is how proffesionals do but it worked well for stuff i did in game dev and for commercial. i would like to show some of my works and ask You guys for a critic but i'm not sure where to put it. Is WIP gallery right place to make a topic? 

Thanks for nice welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Contributor, I usually make clothes in Marvelous Designer first then import them to 3d Coat with thickness so i can make more detail and change shape if i need. idk if this is how proffesionals do but it worked well for stuff i did in game dev and for commercial. i would like to show some of my works and ask You guys for a critic but i'm not sure where to put it. Is WIP gallery right place to make a topic? 

Thanks for nice welcome :)

Thanks for explaining, Kira. :) I need to try Marvelous Designer one day as I heard some good opinions about it.

It would be great to see some of your work.

Hello,

Finally got around to sign up on the forum. 

Really excited about where the development is going.

Also hope someone from the staff could help me in regards to a pending upgrade order.

Hi! Welcome aboard. :) What are you needing with your upgrade order? Feel free to PM me or email me: 3dcoat AT javisjones DOT com

Hey I'm Pete. I've been working with Modo as my main app for about 2 years now. I picked up 3D Coat when 4.5 came out to compliment my workflow with some features that Modo doesn't have. So far I'm enjoying how smooth and fun the program is to work with.

Hola - Just playing with the demo version on Steam, I will be buying the full version and not just the indie, I once tried 3D coat when it was 2.5D, it's a lot more impressive now! Not going to buy until the 23rd, you never know, it may get into steam sales!!!

Just need to get permission to change my avatar!

• Like 1

Hola - Just playing with the demo version on Steam, I will be buying the full version and not just the indie, I once tried 3D coat when it was 2.5D, it's a lot more impressive now! Not going to buy until the 23rd, you never know, it may get into steam sales!!!

Just need to get permission to change my avatar!

Hola!  And welcome. If you have any questions feel free to ask, we've got a lot of knowledgeable people here..

• Advanced Member

Hello. Nice to meet you.

I'm Jene.  from Japan.

during 2 years,  I had been enjoying 3D-coat, but I don't write this forum because I could'nt write English language Until today.

I think that 3D-coat is greatest software in my life experience.  All of developers and all concerned , thank you!

I am making pokemon fan art, dinosaur, life form, and etc by 3D-coat. thankyou.