3DCoat Forums

Introduce yourself!

Javis

Welcome aboard. I started out studying Graphic Design and got into 3D the same way you did...to use it as another tool to expand my capabilities. Before long, though, I was all in on 3D, but having Graphic Design skills always helps. I think 3D Coat makes the most sense for a Graphic Designer because for the most part, you don't have to concern yourself with vertices, edges and polygons, and having to clean up boolean operations and such. It's good to know how to poly model, just in case, but Voxel Modeling lets you skip all the piddling with all those sub-elements and just create. It also allows you, via Vertex Painting, ot just paint or apply PBR smart materials to your voxel model, directly. No UV's to be concerned with and such. Then when you are ready to render everything out, to add to your Graphic Design project, you go to the Render room and knock it out.

If you need a little more rendering capability (although I think Andrew has someone working on a full-featured GPU render), you can export your model as in .FBX or .PLY format and apply vertex color maps in the corresponding channels of your shaders, in your host 3D app (Blender Cycles would be a good option for you, since you already have a little experience there) 

I see.  Well, that's cool, though I'm probably still a ways away from some of that.  Right now, I just want to get a project going that looks halfway decent XD.  Still, I'll keep that in mind.  Also reminded me to look back into Blender, primarily as I can use it for Animation, which will be useful for me, as that was also another inevitable goal, but I wasn't sure what my best options for that will be.  Blender at least will be something I can use, once I get something set up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

William here.

I'm just a CG addict.I don't do this stuff for a living but I respect you that do.

I just wanted to say hi to everyone and 3d coat is one of the first programs Ive bought and I'm really getting into it.

Hope to posting so scibbles soon.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm a Noob but well versed on photoshop. I have gotten into the 3D printing and found this software listening to a podcast Three D Printing Today. Now we'll see if they were full of....... Both seem like honest guys so I'm sure I'll be happy. I am looking for some advice today though. I really don't know who picked the starting colors for the software lets see black gray and ligh gray and a little green to add pizazz. I know black is cool but too much mackes it hard to see the menu sometimes. So how do I change the overall colors that are easier to read? Yeah I haven't read the manual yet, but I need to see the menu.

Thanks,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Darkzerop779projects...

23,Hobbiest ,and

While Aint posted any 3D..

I dabble and practice with it some,and Tried 3D coat V4.0 some time....And...

I Rly thought joining might be a nice intrest.

Btw poor,so I was never able to buy 3d coat..so I just make the demos last.and learn and test enough to do.

I hope whenever I come around,I get to see tricks,tools,and things here for and with 3D coat.

Hello There ,

I Am Ali Raza , I am a 3D Animator + Arch Visualizer ... Came here to join forums to learn 3D Coat because i found it way easier than Zbrush ... Hope i will learn 3D Coat fast and gud here ... Will share my work when i will feel like worth sharing ...

Thanks Guys

Hi,

I am what you would call a "traditional polygon pusher" I guess, with the occasional 3D sculpting here and there (once using Zbrush). Mainly, I'm using Maya (started with Wings3D, still use it sometimes for quick prototyping or mesh correction), but I find myself using 3D-Coat more and more. Funny enough, I initially went with it for texturing only, but I never cease to be impressed by its sculpting tools, not to mention UV and retopo. I'm currently experimenting with smart materials too. The only current drawback is that 3D coat as futher reduced my sleeping time, in a good way! :)

• Like 2

Hello name is Jose new here looking to purchase and learn 3D-Coat soon currently my modeler of choice is Blender which I am still a novice with but can usually help out others with questions about Blender. The extent of my 3D community involvement is as a Moderator @ renderosity.com for the Blender and Photoshop forums and hope to be able to learn and share here as well. can view some of my art here http://lobo3433.deviantart.com/gallery/ always welcome critique and advice 

• Like 2

Welcome Hose to our community.

Wish you a pleasant stay. 3D Coat will become your favourite tool remember my words.

P.S

Nice moderators revenge :)

Thank you look forward to learning 3D Coat and be able to use it to expand my knowledge and art

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Hello everyone! I'm Andrew aka Artofcharly - 3d freelancer from Ukraine. Live in Thailand. My work experience is 5 professional years =) Just now I'm working on remake for game - Galaxia:Remember Tomorrow. I use 3d coat to paint PBR materials for spaceships from this game. =) Next time, when moderator will approve my message - I will show you my works =)

Best regards, Andrew. 

Have a nice day with 3DC!  ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I haven't bot it yet.I have to try it out before I do. I think I tried it out in the demo. I tried to do Voxle sculpting, which was presented to me as starting from nothing and adding voxels from there, or am I wrong ? Anyway, I am too dumb to use it, I think.

I haven't bot it yet.I have to try it out before I do. I think I tried it out in the demo. I tried to do Voxle sculpting, which was presented to me as starting from nothing and adding voxels from there, or am I wrong ? Anyway, I am too dumb to use it, I think.

A number of tools will let you draw in empty space, though I think it's usually easier to start with a sphere or some other primitive. Here's a little video showing a few of the tools.

http://screencast.com/t/hAXstr1hS

You can open the quick tools panel with space bar and the pen options shown with the E key.

• Reputable Contributor

Welcome again!

Also from the Opening dialog box when you start 3DC , you can choose any sphere, cylinder, cube, manikin, etc to start from in the sculpt room.

In the sculpt room, left tool panel / Primitives, there are many varied primitives to choose from plus the lathe tool primitive.

Edited by digman