3DCoat Forums

Introduce yourself!

Javis

Hey my name is Remi! I've been watching Jama Jurabev's learnsquared video series, and it looks pretty cool! I have experience with 3dsmax and zbrush, but am mainly a 2d artist. Very excited to start using the program!

*However, it doesn't seem to be working, the sphere won't work with the brush tool for some reason :S

• Like 1

Hello, proud new owner of 3D coat (edu license atm). 

I am a BSc student in Games Design at Staffordshire University. 

You can find some of my work pre 3D coat on artstation and Sketchfab. 

https://www.artstation.com/artist/rj3d

https://sketchfab.com/richardhill

It my first year in 3D design.

Cant wait to get 3D coat into my workflow. 

Wanted to ask, I downloded a bunch of the free resources at the bottom of the downloads page. 

Whats the best way to organise custom assets, Which folder do they need to go in, or can I reference a folder in my dropbox some how? 

Look forward to being part of the community. 

Regards

RJ

• Like 1

Hey all! I'm Nadesican and for the longest time I was a CA for several projects. I developed a love of sculpting and after being frustrated with Z-brush's painting interface I found my way to 3d Coat! Like any 3d package it's a bit of a learning curve, but the results seem pretty worth it!

• 1 month later...

Hello there people!.

My name's Marco Caradonna, I'm a freelance concept artist working for films and games.

I've finally wrapped my head around learning 3d (thanks to the awesome learnsquared course) and I'm loving 3d Coat so far.

Happy to be here and nice to meet you all!

M

Hi everyone, my name is Steve White, freelance artist as well as 3D enthusiast.  I picked up 3DCoat at the end of December during the sale and have already used 3DCoat in a project and have to say the retopo tools and UV tools are great.  Right now a lot of my sculpting work I do in Zbrush and have only used a small fraction of the tools in 3DCoat thus far but hope to keep learning more about it. 

• Like 1

Hi guys, Federico here from Italy. It's been 2 years now I've been playing with blender, in the last 3 months I've attended a Zbrush Class and I wanted to have a specific tool for retopo and Vertex/Texture painting. So i bought on steam 3dcoat and here I am.

If you wanna check my artwork you can find them here:

http://raceto400.deviantart.com/

https://www.facebook.com/raceto400

I could really use some likes because I've got a challenge going on, ahahahha.

Hi and welcome

In the top right corner of the 3D viewport is a button that says "Camera", click it and then you'll see some more options under "Custom Navigation".

You can use a prebuild preset or make a new one with the Camera navigation options menu

• Like 1

Hi , i'm tedy from indonesia. a 3D enthusiast. this coat looks great. right now i'm using blender and not satisfied with their uv and paint tool.

hope this coat will help me  :good2: 

hey guys, i'm using Macbook Pro with Retina Display, and this 3DCoat software looks pixelated. can anyone show me how to fix this? Thanks

Hi everyone,

Greetings from the Republic of Ireland!

I've been playing with 3DC for the past 29.9days...having a ball. Well done to all the development and support teams.

It is a really approachable piece of software for us real world people. After a few sessions with ZBrush I was pulling my hair out.

3DC has been a real pleasure.

I have a few questions and suggestions, so I'll head on over and start...

Hey everyone! You can call me Person! I'm a recent college grad trying to get a job in either the game or visual effect industry. I use 3ds max, zbrush, maya, some times lightwave, and soon hopfully 3d coat!!

Though I'm having serious issues trying to purchase the educational version, but hopefully in the next few days I can start working!

Hi all, Massimo here, from Italy.

I'm using 3D Coat to clean up 3d scans of people (mini-me). I'm a total newbie on 3D tools. I trialled most of them and chose 3D Coat because it was the one I could make a sense of. Still, please be patient with my newbie questions  :yes:

thanks

Massimo

Hey folks, my name is Will (Nitecon has been with me since 1990 so i'm sticking with it!).  I'm a programmer by day (C/C++ and Golang is my main languages lately with a slew of other stuff including python js etc) 3D / Game development is my hobby, albeit a very expensive hobby, I do very much love it.  I also do metal work, carpentry and plastic welding, although not as much plastic welding as I've also now got a 3d printer so I normally now just print the entire part i need instead of having to mold to what I need.  I'm originally from South Africa but have lived longer in the USA (Virginia) than I have in South Africa.  Trying to learn 3D Coat as best I can and still have fun making cool things for both printing and games :)

Looking forward to chatting with you guys.

Hey ! I'm a 22 years old guy named Simon from the northern France !

I'm doing a job in personnal transport, pretty boring but only for a few hours a day. I like movies, video games and other 2016 stuff that you guys like as well haha. I make musics that I'd like to put in my future video games, if im good enough to make at least one.

Started doing some random things on 3dsmax, and then went on Zbrush but ended up here when i saw what was possible with 3D Coat. Im totally new in this business haha and i really hope to do some good things on 3D Coat, thank you for reading !

Hi everyone , my name is Clelio Rossi (nikname, Wybie). I am a 3d modeler and game designers. Using mainly Maya, Blender, Zbrush and 3D-Coat . I'm going slowly to the Linux platform and 3D-Coat will be the final choice for the sculpture and texture side.

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Rosalie, I'm a 3D artist form Canada. I do everything ranging from concept art, modeling, painting, all the way to animation and rigging. I've been working with my partner for 2 years now to create our very own Unity Asset empire! You can find our stuff on the Unity Asset Store or on our website: 3dsauce.com

I've recently decided to pick up 3D coat and use it as my main 3D painting program. I still have quite a bit to learn, but I'm hoping that being part of this community will help me become a 3D Coat MASTER! 

Hi,

Richard here (again)

(I hope I'm posting this correctly... Seems to be one long thread?)

My main question was concerning model building for CNC and 3D printing and modeling within 3Dcoat, specifically using Tinker objects.

just watched a tutorial video that answered a LOT of questions!!! ( "think")

If i understand correctly, the Tinker objects are part of this program (as a download? free?)...

If so,  WOW! Holy Smokes!!!! What i saw int he video is what I used to do by hand in plastic, taking hours and hours compared to what I now see can be done in minutes!

3Dcoat may turn out to be my number i go-to program for this kind of work!  (My brain is going nuts with it's applications!!!

(Please correct me if I'm wrong in my understanding of this (Tinker) feature?

Thanks!

Richard

The Tinker models can be downloaded here.

http://www.3d-coat.com/files/TinkerModels.3dcpack

Make sure the file is saved with a .3dcpack extension, (not .zip) then you can install it with File > Install Extension.Then you'll find them under the Models tab in 3DC. You can also make your own objects to be used just like this.