3DCoat Forums

Introduce yourself!

Javis

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, Fellow 3D-Coat Forum members. I am Christopher Stapleton aka coldwhitefire. I'm a matte painter, environment concept artist, woodworking concept artist, and sound engineer. I got into 3D-Coat via the Learn Squared and Robotpencil communities for concept art. I have an intermediate background in 2D and 3D, computer graphics, game design, animation, graphic design, and conceptualization as wood as my canvas. 

There is an interesting feature I saw in 3D-Coat I want to learn more about which is the Product Prototyping CNC, Moulding, Lasercut feature from the main 3D-Coat menu of creation. 

I am interested in laser engraving and CNC on wood as 3D-Coat as my software of choice along with Photoshop and others. 

I'm looking forward to participating in this community and grateful for this opportunity to be here in this time. I don't know how to edit my avatar image, so I'll just wait until I can have a moderate allow me to edit it. 

Thanks for creating such a great product. 

Sincerely, 

Christopher Stapleton 
coldwhitefire

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 9.09.26 AM.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, my name is  Ivan. I am originally from Ukraine but now live in New Zealand. 
I am currently teaching 2D and 3D at Uni and also am a co-founder of a games company Pixel Barons.

Got 3D Coat on the discount and now am addicted to it, haven't been able to put it down for days now. 
Still trying to get accustomed to the workflow and familiarise my self with the tools. 
Here is a likeness of Doutzen Kroes I have been working on. 

Quick question is it possible to set the smoothing tool intensity to be linked to the voxel density?
image.thumb.png.5501cb4bd9beed789939bfeedf4c22f2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My name is Chet. I just started getting into 3dcoat last November. Before that I was using Blender alot as my main 3d software but started to see its limitations as i kept using it, especially when it comes to modelling and texturing. This is a 3d concept i did using 3dcoat and it didn't take much time at all. I really like the software because it allows you to be creative without having to be bogged down by technical constraints.  I also appreciate how 3dcoat is at a more affordable price and that there's so much you can do with it!

https://skfb.ly/6vNx9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor
7 hours ago, changho21 said:

Hi

My name is changho. 

I want to learn this program quickly...^^

Quickly is relative to your experience level in 3D work. 

Here is a good series on the overview of 3DC. 23 videos.

And of course 3DC Official YouTube Channel, AbnRanger videos are very good...

https://www.youtube.com/user/PILGWAY3DCoat/playlists

As in all videos, some are older and new features are always being added to 3DC. You might see changes from what you see in the video.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor
1 hour ago, Alex Kevin said:

Thanks, Tony for welcoming me you are the only person who welcomed me here, so from how long have you been using this forum?

Since its inception. It's not as active as it once was but you won't find any bad vibes here. You will get good support from users and Andrew.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi 3d coat community!

I am a 3d artist with 17 years of experience who work in a few gaming studios in Montreal and mainly teaching 3ds max and 2d texture in various colleges. 3 years ago i decide to put my vision of a game i had in mind for years to reality so i start developing everything from scratch.

As you might guess i was on a tight budget so i had to start working part time to have enough time to develop my game and then as for many indie money became a serious issue and i had to drop my costly autodesk subscription and was on the lookup for alternative. Switching all my pipeline to new software's is no easy task and i decide to go for Blender as my modeler&animations and since i also drop Mudbox(not because of price)i was also looking for a good sculpting  app and i was naturally looking at zbrush since it is the industry standard.

But i am very happy i didn't bought it the other night on impulsive decision since i discover 3d coat and i was stunned by the amount of features for a very reasonable price.

Thank this guy here since he made a live stream showing 3d coat capabilities and i was stunned that i never look at this software in a more serious manner. So i will begin a trial to see if 3d coat can help me developing my game in a more efficient way.

Pardon my bad English

Hello everyone,

I am a nascent indie filmmaker who is seeking to use 3D tools, in addition to other practical means, to increase the production value of my future project efforts.  I presently own Cinema 4D Studio R20 and Substance Designer/Painter, but also desire a dedicated sculpting software.  After testing 3D Coat and ZBrush over the past few days with my graphic tablet, I must admit that I truly prefer the ladder application for my present needs and also find the non-sculpting aspects very beneficial as well.

When the next sale period occurs, which I hope is not too far in the future, I definitely plan to purchase a Professional license of 3D Coat.  In the meantime, I will keep enjoying the demo period while it is active and learn as much as possible prior to officially becoming a customer.

• 1 month later...

Hello, my name is Jack. I've been doing all manner of 3D graphics for some time now. Just started using 3D-Coat, & hoping the UI starts to make sense at some point. Right now, it feels like lots of disjointed pieces crammed into a box. Things seem clunky. Would like to hear advice on "getting started" videos.

Hello, My name is Marc. I had 3d and gamedev as a hobby on and off, primarily using Blender and Unity. But I wanted to improve my skills further and make it somewhat more serious, so I originally did it by buying zbrushcore a year ago (but for now I've barely used it). Since I am trying again I'll make use of it in addition to another tool that I can bridge to blender. I found out about 3dcoat and its sculpting capabilities, in addition to other features for game dev. I plan to add it to my workflow (zbrushcore -> 3dcoat -> blender -> unity).

Hello - my name is Edward and I've been on an almost 14 year hiatus from 3D.  Started mostly with Cinema 4D & PS7.  I'm looking to regain the excitement of creation and work on some long shelved ideas.  Hopefully I'll have better success this go around.  

Cheers