3DCoat Forums

Introduce yourself!

Javis

Hello, I'm new on these forums; I like visual identity, code, and sculpture.

Using Blender for a few years, mainly for animation and texturing, I still don't know polygonal modelling, I tried Zbrush and Sculptris too.

I plan to use 3DCoat for the engine panda3D; following some links if you want to see some works; I def. need a new website ^^.

current personal experiments : http://plb5.free.fr/

old works : http://plb5.free.fr/flip/

realtime experiments : http://www.youtube.com/user/vascillator1111

Salut :)

My real name is Ilona and I live in France.

I use Max, Photoshop and Poser ( I create with my Partner Poser content) Over DAZ and RDNA.

Now, I would like to mix my texturing with 3D coat.

I tried Zbrush, but honestly , it is a bit to chaotic for my kind of taste.

I have Argile2 but somehow i stuck with it.

Now I download the trial from 3D coat and i am really Impressed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

My name is Roger 30 years and I am an hobby user of 3d coat.

I work as a recruiter and custom database solutions development.

right now me and a friend are trying to get a game out. and we are just now finalizing the 3d assets in wich 3d coat has been an amazing addition to our workflow.

on the side I use Cheetah3d , hexagon 2,5 , pixelmator, and shade 12 sometimes.

I'm very new to 3d and I am enjoying every second of my learning experience.

• 1 month later...

Heya 3DC'ers!

My name is deg (nik, short for douglas e. graves) and I work at Universal Studios (CA) as a VFX artist on various sci-fi programs. Love 3DC and look forward to getting to know it a lot better each day. Thanks for any help along the way a head o' time. :)

peace & bananas | deg

Hi everyone, new sculpter here (sortof). I've played with the demo previously and plunged in to buy 3D coat now.. >_<

I'm already finding difficulties that are from outer space. O.o

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from California,

My name is Will and I was trained in classical art. You can see some of what I do here:

http://bigsurfineart.com

Looking to do some figurative sculpting in 3DC.

Nice to meet everyone and I hope to post something before too long.

Regards,

Will

Hello everyone My name is James and I live in Pisa, Tuscany, Italy.

I am 26 and I love 3D modeling and all that behind the three-dimensionalgraphics mode. I use Maya, RealFlow, Photoshop, Mudbox, Adobe After Effect and others.

Recently I tried 3d Coat and I must say that seems to be a good alternative for programs of sculpture.

I'm trying on Ubuntu Linux x64-11.10, but for now I'm having some trouble,and I can not work.

I hope to find a solution here on the forum.

Hi James

• 2 weeks later...

Greeting to everyone here at the 3DC forums, I've been working with 3D-Coat for about a year now. many things to learn, perhaps a few questions to ask as well.. Overall i'm more of an advanced hobbiest, working on learning something new on my weekends. I've made some excelent progress, but have further to go yet.

I started with an older student edition of 3D Studio, Switched to learning Blender a year ago, and have Since worked with 3DCoat (Pro) and Octane Render to produce some really neat progress. - My current focus of self study is advanced Character modeling and animation.

• 2 weeks later...

hi, my name is andreas. i'm from germany, trained as an architect and lworking as an 3d-generalist.

since i love drawing/painting i'm really enthusiastic about voxel sculpting. i bought the domain voxelism.com, maybe there will be an voxel art movement our children gonna learn in school's art lessons .)

cheers,

andreas

post-12368-0-63970400-1336468778_thumb.j

Hi

I’m from Norway and just started to get into 3D Coat. I’m been doing 3D graphics since the mid nineties, started with Realsofts Real 3D on an Amiga 600 and later Amiga 4000. I Switched to Lightwave as soon as it became a standalone software.

3DS Max is a part of my 3D arsenal as well, but I prefer working with Lightwave. My work is oil industry/CAD related doing anything from 3D design, construction and visualization. My intention is to use 3D coat for painting, but will give sculpture a try when I am familiar with the software. Right now I’m trying to figure out a good workflow between 3D Coat and Lightwave.

At last, usually I do not post much, but will read the forum on regular basis.

Hello, I'm Roger Muma a luthier from London Ontario Canada. I have been flirting with learning 3d for some time now. Have and still use Rhino and Aspire. I want to be able to sculpt 3d base relief scenes that can be cut with a cnc router. I make harps www.mumaharps.com and have decorated the columns with custom designs for the customers. Also decorated wooden boxes with carved lids. I prove to be a slow learner with lots of books and not much progress. I would like to connect with a local user who might be able to give some first hand instruction.

Regards,

Roger

Greetings All,

I'm new to this community and look forward to learning and most importantly being able to help others in the same way I was helped.

Regards,

Amon - Panayiotis

Hi all,

My name is Patrick.

I come from Belgium.

I'm not even a new user since i have yet to buy 3D-coat (hobbyist version). This will be done tomorrow.

I'm actually very hesitant, since i'm afraid i wont ever learn the program. I hope there are a lot of tutorials around here !!

gr. P.

aka Scythar or TheTeacher

Hi Scythar!

There are a lot of tutorials around for 3DC, both free and commercial.

Here is a good place to start:

http://3d-coat.com/tutorial/free-tutorial/

Then of course there are a ton of videos on Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/channels/3dcoat

https://vimeo.com/channels/3dctraining

That's just a start, there are lots more. Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

I've just downloaded the trial version. I still don't know my way around this software and if I'll adapt to its workflow etc. But from the little I've seen so far I felt compelled to register on the forums to share my feelings. My god. The interface actually seems it was made by humans and for humans! Thank you!

I have 30 days to explore this guy and try to get the most of it, any words of advice? :)

• Like 1