3DCoat Forums
Javis

Introduce yourself!

Hiya, my name is Tito and I'm new here but not new to 3DCoat's brillance! I'm a professional Character Artist @ Ubisoft and a very heavy Zbrush user, but I think 3DCoat 4.1 finally won me over with the interface/tools and the allowance it gives to artists for unbridled creativity! Thank you! Looking forward to sharing my creations with you lot :)

It's been some years since I've muddled around in 3DCoat and today I'm happy I've made my way back. After growing frustrated with other applications 3D painting tools I found my way back here today as I remembered how well 3DCoat's texturing tools were. And after spending some hours getting acquainted with the new interface (Which I love btw! Didn't like the Lightwave inspired one from before)  I'm definitely purchasing after my experimentations today.

Welcome Tito! Glad to have you aboard. Personally I liked the LightWave style but it's nice having the icons as a back up. That's one great things about 3DC is the ability to change stuff around so much, even though the defaults are really nice as they are.

Hi Tito! Glad to see you here! I'm familiar with your work, so I am looking forward to seeing what your creations in 3DC. :) Cheers.

Appreciate the welcome gents! Looking forward to getting myself acquainted with all the features... I actually have my first project in mind to get my hands on the hard surface tools. Can't wait to see how it all differs from Zbrush.

wow you have some amazing work in your portfolio! great to have you hear!

Hi there,

My name is Bruno Accioly, I'm from Brazil and 43 years old. I have a small digital marketing company that deals mainly with web development, graphic design and cg animation (mostly for book trailers).

I used to model in 3D Studio 3.0/4.0 back in the day and about 25 years ago I used it to model ships for a play-by-mail (remember those?) I ran in College for about 30 people - 

(not very impressive I guess, but I had to render those and send people cut scenes every two weeks, along with a lot of other stuff concerning the game). Yeah... not very sustainable...  :huh:

I plan to come back to modeling/sculpting/texturing so I can design my own stuff for animation, comic books, digital art, for personal projects and maybe even to put the resulting models for sale.

We use Daz Studio a lot here to produce our animations and it would be nice to find someone that had the experience already.

If there is any tutorial on morphing, exporting and packaging workflow Genesis Characters or Genesis Cloths from 3D-Coat it would come in handy.  :)

Just acquired 3D-Coat and it was love at first launch!

Anyone here uses 3D-Coat along with Daz Studio?

[below I attached a promo image for a free web comic that will be released next June (in portuguese and english) - there are some easter eggs on the image (on purpose) like the Carnifex and the AK 47 - conceived, written, posed, illuminated (and maybe in the future, sculpted) by me.]

Bruno Accioly
www.dotweb.com.br

post-38394-0-89632000-1397029852_thumb.j

Hi Everyone. My name is Mitch I am a Creative Director for a live event production company. 3D Projection Mapping is a big thing for us. 

I discovered 3D Coat out of a need for retopologizing over those nasty meshes that come with 3D scans and a need for better UV template creation.

We use a pretty killer 3d media server called d3.   http://www.d3technologies.com/projects_categories/9

I look forward to learning and sharing here.

Also this looks like a good place to look for content creators to hire out for projects.

Hello there,

My name is Sándor Veres (Alex) and i live in Hungary, Budapest (not Bucharest :) )
I'm 32 yrs old, and i'm married and have 1 beautiful children. (1.5yrs and boy)
I work as graphics designer (BTL etc.)

In my free time i'm working on a short sci-fi film with my friends. The project working title: NX-27
https://www.facebook.com/nx27shortfilm
We use programs: Blender, 3D-Coat, Octane Render, V-ray.

Blender+3D-Coat+Ocrane Render is perfect combination, very quick and easy workflow. I LIKE THAT  :clapping:

We operate with two friends - Róbert Ferenczi (jay27), Lázsló Sáfár (kurzor) - in a speedsculpting youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3PHtDtdiV6-FlLmqu8OUCA

Nice to meet you all. 

Best,

Alex

Hiya all

Names Mike

age = old :)

Just interested in modelling in general and trying to get my head round 3d coat at mo :)

Hi all! Nice to meet everyone. 

I'm a 26 year old 3D artist working in the Midwest. 

I've had 3D Coat for a while but haven't used it for much more than its UV and retopo tools. Thought I'd jump in a see what the forum community is like :)

Lately I've been using voxel room and working on my hardsurface modeling skills. Its really great! 

Hi all!

New to 3DC, old (very old) to 3D.  If you know modo, you might know that Allen Hastings is behind that... and previous to that, he created Lightwave 3D.  Well, BEFORE THAT he created Videoscape 3D on the Amiga.

That is where I started.

There wasn't even an modeling tool.   We used graph paper, and a text editor.  Hard core, man.

Anyway, I know Lightwave, Modo, Sketchup, and Solidworks...  to some extent. (I'm no guru).   But I have made decent money doing 3D animation in the past.  Still doing it as a hobby and for 3D printing work.

Looking forward to learning with you.

R

Howdy guys and gals! I reside in the great State of Texas :) I'm an old coot to most....54. I am presently unemployed, and taking the time to learn some new tricks. I have zero experience with 3DC, but it looks amazing, and I can't wait to dive in. In the past, I have used C4D, Maya, Blender, Modo, Photoshop, Corel Paainter, and Ableton Live, which is a DAW. My chosen career was tattooing. I worked in Houston Texas for about 25 years as a professional tattooer. 8 of those years was spent working for the great Larry Shaw, and his father Bob. Art has always been important to me, and my latest pursuits are in the digital realm. Modelling and painting are what drives me these days. Who knows, maybe I will eventually land a job working in the digital arts. That would be cool. Anyway, hello to all, and best wishes.

Cap (a.k.a. JC)

Here is a painting I did in Corel Painter.

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/capsbeats/the-undead?context=ratings:etm.user:4968934.scouted:.offset:6

Hello there,

My name is László Sáfár and i live in Hungary.
I'm 25 yrs old, and i'm a studuent.
I not work at the moment.

In my free time i'm working on a short sci-fi film with my friends. The project working title: NX-27
https://www.facebook.com/nx27shortfilm
We use programs: 3D-Coat, Octane Render, V-ray, Maxwell, FormZ, Blender.

Blender+3D-Coat+Maxwell Render is perfect combination

We operate with two friends - Róbert Ferenczi (jay27), Sándor Veres (Alex) - in a speedsculpting youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....iV6-FlLmqu8OUCA

Nice to meet you all. 

Welcome ! :)

Your channel is great !

My name is Mattheiu Brooks, I live in Lewisville(close to Dallas), Texas USA.
I'm 35 yrs old and I teach Animation and Video Game Design to high-school students! Check out the website for my classes here:

http://brooksamat.com

I am very new to 3D coat. I was actually interested in 3D-Coat for the UV mapping features initially but have since realized how capable it is for modeling and texturing and retopology as well..- I have been teaching Cinema 4D and Sculptris but I have made the decision to focus my curriculum more towards 3D-coat whenever possible instead of Cinema 4D and/or Sculptris.

I'm very excited to learn as much as I can about this amazing software before the school year starts. Having children(2) has definitely made it MUCH harder to do anything else except care for them and my wife-including learn 3D-coat proper enough to teach it.  But I must and I will...

I also work as a camera man for the Television show Cheaters.. 

Any free time that I happen to get I like to make animations, video games and do live video mixing. Check it out here:

http://vjanomolee.com

This forum seems very active and positive from what I have read so far. Look forward to learning more and creating amazing things with 3D-COAT!!!

-Matt

Welcome Matt...

Another Texan here down in the Coastal Bend area...

Indeed 3DCoat is a great 3D software to teach students...

If you every need any help to get you up to speed just let me know.

Hi Everyone. My name is Mitch I am a Creative Director for a live event production company. 3D Projection Mapping is a big thing for us. 

I discovered 3D Coat out of a need for retopologizing over those nasty meshes that come with 3D scans and a need for better UV template creation.

We use a pretty killer 3d media server called d3.   http://www.d3technologies.com/projects_categories/9

I look forward to learning and sharing here.

Also this looks like a good place to look for content creators to hire out for projects.

You wouldn't be working with Rabbit Hole Creative in Nashville (TN) would you?

http://www.rabbitholecreative.com/