3DCoat Forums
Javis

Introduce yourself!

Hello,

Artur from NYC here.

I found out about this website from DOTA 2 website.

My dream is to create a costume set for my character from DOTA 2. I am far from digital drawing world. Any recommendations?

Welcome , we hope you enjoy 3d coat to the maximum.

Get your hands on some tutorials , plus we got some great tutors here.

Hey I'm Pete. I've been working with Modo as my main app for about 2 years now. I picked up 3D Coat when 4.5 came out to compliment my workflow with some features that Modo doesn't have. So far I'm enjoying how smooth and fun the program is to work with.

Hello Pete and welcome.

I wish you much fun with 3d coat. :)

• Like 1

Hola - Just playing with the demo version on Steam, I will be buying the full version and not just the indie, I once tried 3D coat when it was 2.5D, it's a lot more impressive now! Not going to buy until the 23rd, you never know, it may get into steam sales!!!

Just need to get permission to change my avatar!

• Like 1

Hola - Just playing with the demo version on Steam, I will be buying the full version and not just the indie, I once tried 3D coat when it was 2.5D, it's a lot more impressive now! Not going to buy until the 23rd, you never know, it may get into steam sales!!!

Just need to get permission to change my avatar!

Hola!  And welcome. If you have any questions feel free to ask, we've got a lot of knowledgeable people here..

Hola and welcome.

If you decide to buy the indie after all  , i sell mine at $70 ;)

Hello. Nice to meet you.

I'm Jene.  from Japan.

during 2 years,  I had been enjoying 3D-coat, but I don't write this forum because I could'nt write English language Until today.

I think that 3D-coat is greatest software in my life experience.  All of developers and all concerned , thank you!

I am making pokemon fan art, dinosaur, life form, and etc by 3D-coat. thankyou.

Hello and welcome jene

Nice to see you.

I am looking forward to your pokemon art.

Have fun with 3d coat.

Edited by Malo

Hello. Nice to meet you.

I'm Jene.  from Japan.

during 2 years,  I had been enjoying 3D-coat, but I don't write this forum because I could'nt write English language Until today.

I think that 3D-coat is greatest software in my life experience.  All of developers and all concerned , thank you!

I am making pokemon fan art, dinosaur, life form, and etc by 3D-coat. thankyou.

Welcome Jene. I'm learning some Japanese too but it's not as good as your English is.

Welcome to the community you little CG addict ;)

Edited by Michaelgdrs

Hi everyone,

I`m very happy to join this friendly forum. I`m doing CG as a hobby and my primary application is Cinema 4D (for animation and rendering).

The development speed of 3D-Coat is astounding and I have to learn the usage of 3D-Coat from the beginning.

My first goal is to use the impressive functions of the great smart material system to get as much paint information from 3D-Coat to C4D as possible.

May I ask my first question?

If I`m loading filse from C4D to 3D-Coat for painting unfortunately 3D-Coat interprets every flat face as concave. Everything looks like bubbles.

Is there any idea to avoid this?

I have to append that from a 3D-Coat point of view any C4D scene is like low poly.

https://sso.kabelmail.de/portal/public/cloud/share.aspx?sid=eb25c030-6fde-4b40-9595-482918d4cbab-7F7B9F-08

Hi everyone

i just bought the 3dcoat edu edition and i don't really know where to start, i do normally use blender.

Hi, welcome! There are some great tutorials here on the site and a ton of them on the official YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/PILGWAY3DCoat

Hi, I've been using 3DCoat for a while now and figured it wise to join the forum here, in order to learn more.

I get the gist of the modelling process, and enjoy it, but feel I need some help in becoming more familiar with 3DCoat.  My goal is to become a better artist, but I wouldn't mind getting to the level where one could make models for games.  It would be nice to say to my mates "You see that coffee mug over there? Yup...I made that." ;)

Anyway, 3DC seems an amazing package and Pilgway has a great relationship with its customers.  Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi, my name is Bernd and I'm from Berlin-Germany. I'm an old 3D Studio Max and Cinema 4D user. Last week I've bought 3D Coat. For me it's a little bit hard, to become familiar with such a program. But the support with free video tutorials here is great! Last week I spent my time with learning the functions from 3D Coat. My first impression - 3D Coat is beautiful! In the past I had build up many models with C4D and some of them are shown on my homepage. Today I did my first sculpt with 3D Coat and like to show what I did. Sure I have to learn much in working with 3D Coat but I the prog from the first day.

So I wish you all happy modeling with 3D Coat .

Bernd

cartoon_f.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, I am Lorenzo from Italy.

I bought 3DC some weeks ago and I am having lots of fun modeling this way!

I only got some problems in setting up the graphic card with CUDA, I'll ask you some advice in the next days

Hi, I am Lorenzo from Italy.

I bought 3DC some weeks ago and I am having lots of fun modeling this way!

I only got some problems in setting up the graphic card with CUDA, I'll ask you some advice in the next days

Welcome aboard. You don't need to do anything special to install CUDA. Just install the latest NVidia driver and it includes CUDA in it. It is generally used in the Voxel Sculpting brushes, only.

Hi everyone !!,

My name is Marco, i'm from Italy and i'm a very new 3dCoat user.

After playing sometimes with the trial version, i decided to buy a Pro license for Windows 64 bit, and just this morning i received my license key.

I'm happy for this choice 'cause i had a limited budget and i spent some weeks to try and compare most famous 3d sculpting

software on Windows at nowadays, and i thing that, at the moment, there isn't any 3d sculpt package that can compare

to 3dCoat, especially about the features/price ratio.

I'm also a Rhino 3d V5 user, 'cause i thing it's a fantastic 3d nurbs modeler, and i hope that i can use both software

together in my workflow, in a productive and efficient way.

I hope that in a near future 3DCoat will be supplied with a Rhino AppLink, perhaps even with an integration

to the Thea Render, that i currently use in tandem with Rhino.

Have a nice day!

Marco.

Hi All,

Just got started today in 3D Coat, and wow, I love it already.

But anyway, my name is Mike and I am a Canadian / Dutch guy ( Raised in Canada, Living in Holland )

I own a YouTube channel dedicated to modeling, texturing, rigging and animation. Most of my videos are on Maya.

I love learning new stuff and I know I will enjoy the learning path on 3D coat

Mike