3D Coat Forums
Javis

Introduce yourself!

Hello, my name is Jack. I've been doing all manner of 3D graphics for some time now. Just started using 3D-Coat, & hoping the UI starts to make sense at some point. Right now, it feels like lots of disjointed pieces crammed into a box. Things seem clunky. Would like to hear advice on "getting started" videos.

Hello, My name is Marc. I had 3d and gamedev as a hobby on and off, primarily using Blender and Unity. But I wanted to improve my skills further and make it somewhat more serious, so I originally did it by buying zbrushcore a year ago (but for now I've barely used it). Since I am trying again I'll make use of it in addition to another tool that I can bridge to blender. I found out about 3dcoat and its sculpting capabilities, in addition to other features for game dev. I plan to add it to my workflow (zbrushcore -> 3dcoat -> blender -> unity).

Hello - my name is Edward and I've been on an almost 14 year hiatus from 3D.  Started mostly with Cinema 4D & PS7.  I'm looking to regain the excitement of creation and work on some long shelved ideas.  Hopefully I'll have better success this go around.  

Cheers

Hi, my name is Joe. A few buddies at work picked up 3DCoat and were all trying to learn some of the ins and outs of the software. I know some Maya and a ZBRush, but still a newb at 3D. I want to learn Blender and Keyshot as well. Looking forward to it!

Hello! My name is Spyros. I am a Greek freelance 3D generalist and 43 years old. I started learning 3D as a teenager in 1992, using 3D Studio (MS-DOS). I have been freelancing since 2000 using Alias|Wavefront's (now Autodesk's) Maya mainly. I am slowly trying to transition to a Houdini - Blender 2.8 workflow and stop using Autodesk products, but it takes some time to establish a new pipeline while working at the same time.  I have always liked 3D Coat for it's features, and always was considering adding it to my toolset, which I did earlier this month. I am still learning the program, but I thought I should introduce myself and greet you all.

Welcome aboard !

Hi there my new Iván J from Spain, I bought 3dCoat a lot of time ago, perhaps more then 5 years, I remind was the 3.7 version for my dead mac mini. Now I begin with Godot engine , some people said will be the new Unity3d (at least more people said is better to use than Unity), and 3dCoat with Blender really works fantastic, I think it the "trio of Ases".

In my past I was using 3ds Max , Cinema 4d, Photoshop and all this things of Windows, but someyears ago I will turn only to OpenSource and Software on my economy can permit me.

Another personal point, I love the 8 bits machines, I like program in C++ and Arduino experiments.

This is a bit from me (and my very bad english), thanks for accept to the forum , and I hope learn a lot of 3d coat.

Iván J

Hi mentalthink and welcome!

Hello everyone,

My name is Smith Clarkson and I am from UK. and I am here so that I can have a better understanding of 3D Coat and can help and community with my knowledge and also learn from this forum!

Hi Smith, hope you enjoy your time here and have a good learning experience!

• Like 1

Hello all, I am brand new to 3d coat. I decided to get into becuase of retopology options. I am trying to do a retop for the first time and having a little bit of trouble. I can get my quads to work in not sure where I should even start and I watched a few tutorials but it was no help.

Welcome !