3DCoat Forums
Javis

Introduce yourself!

Hi, I'm a nOOb here and in the 3D art space.

I wanted to say Hello and that the reason I choose 3D Coat for my sculpting software is because of this (image) 

I have Zbrush (regrettably at this stage) and I have never seen a 3D program hang on for dear life as much as 3D Coat! 

Sure it was sluggish .. but it didn't CRASH and that's one of the main reasons that sold me.

I was running the OpenGL version (not the fastest, but the more stable), with 64 GB of Ram, i9-9900k and a 2080ti Stix (beefy)

I have the CUDA enabled considering the graphics card. 

Is there any other tricks get to get more performance out of the Software?

Thanks

1020209601_Screenshot(37).thumb.png.6cb70efaac2602e26e63e41467751167.png

Hello and welcome !

Check the bottom of your screen, you have a red warning about  the layer being non-uniform. Voxels need to be uniform. Whenever you stretch the voxels along one axis only, they become non-uniform.

Right click on the vox-tree layer and select global space or uniform space to fix the problem.

• Like 1

I think your object just has far too many polys.

Just use voxels  to block out then go to surface mode , remesh and decimate to suit. You get sort of a feel for when you have to go from Vox to surface after a while.

If I was making that "thing" in the piccy it would probably be no more than about 20,000. ( of course I dont know what your workflow or aim is , just commenting on whats in front of me!)

Wow it's been a long time and it's been 10 years, but I don't think it's too late. I just joined here and really like the UV and Paint 3D Coat features. I am a 3D Model artist and currently studying UV and Texturing. Maybe after texturing can be mastered, I will continue to rigging and animation.
My main 3D software is Cinema 4D, good at using Photoshop and now studying 3D Coat as my texturing workflow.

Nice to meet you all.

Nandur

Welcome to the forums !

I am a distinguished and highly experienced industry voice. I am an eager learner and am always excited to write about new and trending topics, but my field of expertise is 2D animation, app development, emerging tech like AI, Big Data, and the field of outsourcing for businesses.