3DCoat Forums
Javis

Introduce yourself!

Hi.

Fiction writing psychiatric nurse and rank beginner in 3D Coat here.

I have a bit of familiarity with Blender, Daz and MD and intend doing illustrations for a novel.

• Like 1

Greetings everyone

My name is Urs i am from Switzerland and i worked as a freelance 3d artist many years ago, mainly for television ads and exhibitions.

I did my first steps in 3d, in 1998. In parallel i am a music producer. The latter took over around 2010. But, i want to 3d again, need to learn a lot, however.

So much has changed in the past 10 years and i am eager to learn 3Dcoat as my go-to tool. 

I look forward to version 2021, as do many, i guess. Until then, i just try to learn the basics with the software and hope, with the 2021 release i have the foundation to really get started.

That's the short about me. Thanks for reading!

Welcome to our community !

Hello!  I started a career many years ago, as a computer programmer.  I achieved a job working for a home improvement company for nine years, but found that my creative desires in that job were not being fulfilled.   Towards the end of that job, I started to stress, and become depressed.   When I requested a leave of absence to deal with what I felt was a building mental break down, they decided to let me go.  

Throughout my education, and later my career as a programmer, I often thought about getting into 3D modelling, and animation.   I often experimented with several programs over the years, and I wasn't too bad, but not the greatest either.   First 3D Max, because that was what the school I went to after I was fired used for training.  Later Maya, and now Blender.   Eventually I found the Second Life simulators, which allowed me to practice and improve my skills and make a little money on the side doing it.

Now, I'm working on my first full mesh playable creature.   Initially I intend to just make Second Life avatars, but once I am efficient at it in Second Life, I intend to apply my skills to other mediums.  I bought 3D coat consumer in the hopes of finding an efficient way to generate normal maps for my creatures.   I'm not the best at it yet, but I keep practicing and experimenting with it, and finding it very very powerful, I'm just clumsy with it yet.    Give me time though, and I'll improve.  Maybe some day I will actually make my own game.   One can hope right?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Welcome to our community !

Thank you Carlosan! I think i saw your awesome Mech today on Instagram. Name's AUELmusic there.

11 minutes ago, Callak said:

Hello!  I started a career many years ago, as a computer programmer.  I achieved a job working for a home improvement company for nine years, but found that my creative desires in that job were not being fulfilled.   Towards the end of that job, I started to stress, and become depressed.   When I requested a leave of absence to deal with what I felt was a building mental break down, they decided to let me go.  

Throughout my education, and later my career as a programmer, I often thought about getting into 3D modelling, and animation.   I often experimented with several programs over the years, and I wasn't too bad, but not the greatest either.   First 3D Max, because that was what the school I went to after I was fired used for training.  Later Maya, and now Blender.   Eventually I found the Second Life simulators, which allowed me to practice and improve my skills and make a little money on the side doing it.

Now, I'm working on my first full mesh playable creature.   Initially I intend to just make Second Life avatars, but once I am efficient at it in Second Life, I intend to apply my skills to other mediums.  I bought 3D coat consumer in the hopes of finding an efficient way to generate normal maps for my creatures.   I'm not the best at it yet, but I keep practicing and experimenting with it, and finding it very very powerful, I'm just clumsy with it yet.    Give me time though, and I'll improve.  Maybe some day I will actually make my own game.   One can hope right?

Never lose hope, and welcome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, threedee said:

Never lose hope, and welcome!

It's hard to keep hope sometimes, but I manage.   Thanks for the well wishes though!

Hello,

Marcin here, from Poland. I am a Blender user  and huge fan, 3d hobbist (i hope it will change some day). Former photographer, retoucher. In reality I like to draw with deep black ink and pencil as well. I absolutely love everything connected with 3D since I touched this area. 
I am becoming a fan od 3DC:) 

Welcome  to our  community  !