3DCoat Forums

Right your right I no longer feel too waxy, But there is still too much depth. I can see that light is pentrating thorugh the head and tinting the entire shadow on the skin, this is giving the skin a fake level of luminousity that feels un-natural your getting so much closer though, progress is made. the deeper shadows on the face need to closer match the saturation levels on the shirt as right now I see a disconnet between the two different materials, and they appear to be lit very differently. I Have dl blender but have not had time to even take a look. maybe i will devote some time today.

Michallis Please take this as constructive cos it really is looking very good. SSS is such a monster.

Thanks and I agree, especially with this disconnection of skin and shirt in shadows. I tried to have more saturated skin shadows but it didn't work so far. IMO I can't do much without GI methods. GI in blender is killing SSS. GI in blender 2.5.3 is killing particles system, the results are ugly and its slow... for testing I mean. I also have the feeling that I'm asking SSS to give me what GI should. A bit.

DOF is OK for me, years of photography here, in scenes like this a f 4-5.6 should expected. I could change lighting I could help sss this way but I need this atmo here.

I'm happy with the shirt though, here SSS works fine. I found UVs extremely difficult and some minor errors still exist (catmull-clark did this). In this situation, auto UVs, UV master, 3DC painting room are pointless. You all know why.

Haikalle, you'll feel more bitter if you start experiments with bl sss. I feel bitter alright. Mentalray costs a lot of money. :(

You really should try vray for blender. demo is free and standalone is around 250 euros. I'm trying to study it right now and you

would be a good team mate to study with.

http://www.cgfeedback.com/cgfeedback/showthread.php?t=407&page=12

Small example what the render can do. I'm not a fan of hair but everything else. WAU!

Michalis, you should take a break with adjusting this charakter. Open the model in some days again, or better a whole week later.

In my opinion, the first versions were the best. Now you are too deep in finetuning this project and doesn't see your visual mistakes anymore. You will have a completely different point of view when looking on this model after the break in some days.

Best wishes

Chris

OK, vray. Thats all I need now. OK I'll give it a try.

I know these renders, I'm a zbrushcentral user remember? I gave ***** here. But SSS is not what I like.

Chris, you have more right than we can imagine. I also believe that first renders were the best, at least there was an atmo. I'll start another sculpture, these photorealist attempts made me bitter, its not my style anyway. Now I'm writing these and the machine renders and renders and everything seems wrong. I've learned to use material nodes though, thats good. Thanks man.