3DCoat Forums

Newbi Question

dalecampbelljr

• Advanced Member

The first thing to consider when importing a obj. file for Ptex painting is to make sure that your model is made up of quads. Ptex only works for objects that are made up entirely of quadrangular polygons. Then it should be as simple as going to file > import > import model for Ptex painting.

Note that the higher you set your carcass resolution the longer it will take to load, but the finer the detail that will be achievable.

As to why you are only seeing the axis is a bit puzzling. Perhaps check that your imported model is not too small or big for the view by zooming in / out, as I believe the higher the resolution the bigger it will make the model.

Hope that will help and best of luck with it.

The first thing to consider when importing a obj. file for Ptex painting is to make sure that your model is made up of quads. Ptex only works for objects that are made up entirely of quadrangular polygons. Then it should be as simple as going to file > import > import model for Ptex painting.

Note that the higher you set your carcass resolution the longer it will take to load, but the finer the detail that will be achievable.

As to why you are only seeing the axis is a bit puzzling. Perhaps check that your imported model is not too small or big for the view by zooming in / out, as I believe the higher the resolution the bigger it will make the model.

Hope that will help and best of luck with it.

So are you saying that 3D Coats can not open a native Lightwave lwo object? because that is what I am doing. Can I get some clarity on this; I was told 3D Coats opens native Lightwave objects? correct or incorrect?