3DCoat Forums

Aya - Female character

philnolan3d

• Contributor

I changed up the head some. Started with reference of Connie Sellecca but that was a little too strong so I looked at some reference of Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII.

http://bit.ly/9o1elo

Here is a good reference i use for female face.Its a little stylized but it looks like a woman.

Its already 3d so i find it easier to understand changes to apply than when using a photographic reference.

I suggest Trying really more extreme tweak/changes on lips and cheekbones/eyes area in like 10 different small 20min sessions...and then you pick the one that is closest to your concept.

Its very hard to acheive for us who arent artist (by that I mean that you are probably like me:if we were given 4 hours to draw on paper with a pencil somebody we know(father,sister)even with having them in front of us the whole time,the drawing would not even remotely look like the person.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

This might seem like too old of a post to continue, but I have found a set of tutorials that will help us with this subject. http://www.alienthink.com/

This Structure of Man series has been used by many art houses and artists to learn and improve their ability to draw. But, it is amazing how it helps to better learn the anatomy for goals such as Phil's here. If you're serious about even stylistic characters, this series (if you follow it and devote yourself to it) will change you for the better. I believe in it that much.

• 3 weeks later...