3DCoat Forums

Space Marine shoulder pad workflow

Psionic

Here's a quick tutorial on making a space marine shoulder pad from modelling to low poly creation, UV maps,painting and export with normal maps to Cinema 4D...in 12 MINUTES! I've only been using 3D Coat in-depth for a couple of days and I'm blown away by the possibilities, Thanks for a great tool Andrew!!

Added another tutorial, exporting a ram skull to Cinema 4D with normal maps and displacement:-

Thank you, I happened to see a 3D coat tutorial the other day and I'd had it for sometime but never really used it, so I decided to sit down and learn it and boy am I glad that I did, I am blown away by the possibilities this thing opens, especially to more 3D Games oriented people!!

I certainly plan on making loads more tutorial videos, thanks for checking it out!!

Thank you, I happened to see a 3D coat tutorial the other day and I'd had it for sometime but never really used it, so I decided to sit down and learn it and boy am I glad that I did, I am blown away by the possibilities this thing opens, especially to more 3D Games oriented people!!

I certainly plan on making loads more tutorial videos, thanks for checking it out!!

Excellent! That's what I like to hear. More videos. :good:

And yeah, 3DC is great for game content creation. I know a couple of studios that use it daily. They dig it quite a bit. It's only going to get better.

• Advanced Member

Good Video Psionic, It's great to see the process from it's inception to completed model with realtime shader.

It's also nice to see a bit of experimentation going on with the texturing stage.

Not sure if you know about it but you have cavity painting in 3DC by switching pressure dependency to 'More in Cavity'

cavity_paint.jpg

This would be perfect for getting dirt and grim into the armour damage nicks and grooves.

Thanks guys!!

Ghib, yeah I found this last night, VERY cool..will feature it in a future tutorial, Thanks!!

Added another tutorial, exporting a ram skull to Cinema 4D with normal maps and displacement:-

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...