3DCoat Forums

LW: Moved from Update Thread

Javis

Thank you for the tips, it's LW 9.3, if that helps. I will try your suggestions tho.. I'm not an LW Pro or anything, I bought it at one of those consignment stores where people donate stuff, and I found it in a pile of disks and CD's, and I've had it for a while, and finally decided to install it and give it a go.. Your tips are great stuff, thanks Phil.. I have more to tell ya, but not here, as I'm already off topic too much in this msg.. I'll pm you later.

Thanks

You should download 9.6, it's got a lot of bug fixes over 9.3 (though very view for Modeler of course).

You should download 9.6, it's got a lot of bug fixes over 9.3 (though very view for Modeler of course).

Lightwave has a dongle and a license, so not having one or the other of those might make upgrading tricky, and the only way I can see a box coming in from LW with extra faces is if you hit the keys to create a default 1 unit box twice, then saved it.

Lightwave has a dongle and a license, so not having one or the other of those might make upgrading tricky, and the only way I can see a box coming in from LW with extra faces is if you hit the keys to create a default 1 unit box twice, then saved it.

Well he already said he had 9.3 so it's a pretty fair guess that he has a dongle. Of course this is again, getting off topic.

Well one would assume if he's talking about it in a public forum, he has both. ;)

9.6 is a free upgrade from 9.3, so it should be no big deal. There were a number of bug fixes (even for modeler) between 9.3 and 9.6. It's worth taking the time to download IMHO.

Well he already said he had 9.3 so it's a pretty fair guess that he has a dongle. Of course this is again, getting off topic.

Right you are, I have moved this line of discussion to a new topic.

when the LW 10 with CORE release will be? want to try Lightwave for the first time and waiting the 10th version to start, because dont want to get familiar for the software 2 times and try 9 now, since 9 and 10 will have the different look.

They say it will be released in Q4 which is fall and early Winter. It usually seems to mean December. However, you can get it now if you buy 9.6 now you will get the free upgrade to 10 plus access to the LW10 beta right now. Also remember LW10 is 3 programs, Layout HC and Modeler HC which are very similar to the current 9.6 Layout and modeler, plus you also get the new CORE program, which does have a very different look and feel.

Here's are the videos from Siggraph in case you missed them, where you can see the UI. They are mostly using LW HC in these videos

http://tv.newtek.com/player_siggraph1.php

Here's are some more if interested. These are mostly presentations from studios that use LW:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1047732&postcount=8

They say it will be released in Q4 which is fall and early Winter. It usually seems to mean December.

pity, thought it would happen earlier (

However, you can get it now if you buy 9.6 now you will get the free upgrade to 10 plus access to the LW10 beta right now.

no i`m not thinking to switch from Max and Cinema to Lightwave just want to try and compare some things.

Here's are the videos from Siggraph in case you missed them, where you can see the UI. They are mostly using LW HC in these videos

http://tv.newtek.com...r_siggraph1.php

Here's are some more if interested. These are mostly presentations from studios that use LW:

http://www.newtek.co...732&postcount=8

thanks!