3DCoat Forums

How to get rid of all but the Voxel sculpt

rstralberg

Hi

I have made a Voxel sculpt and made some different tests with retopology and painting.

Now I want to clean up the project so I have a .3d file containing the Voxel Sculpt only.

I have not found a way to remove to mesh from the file once its retopoligized. Can that be done?

Well the retopo mesh can just be deleted by deleting it's layer in the Retopo Groups panel. Any meshes in the painting room can by deleted by deleting them in the Sub-Objects panel (just called Objects on it's tab)

If you don't see either of these you can load them from the Windows > Popups menu, you may have to be in the correct tab for them to show up in there like the Retopo room to see the Retopo Groups option.

Well the retopo mesh can just be deleted by deleting it's layer in the Retopo Groups panel. Any meshes in the painting room can by deleted by deleting them in the Sub-Objects panel (just called Objects on it's tab)

If you don't see either of these you can load them from the Windows > Popups menu, you may have to be in the correct tab for them to show up in there like the Retopo room to see the Retopo Groups option.

Yes. Thanks.

Now my .3d file is back to voxel-only.

But I found out why failed to clean up the painting room earlier.

It was impossible to delete layer 0 (containing the actual mesh) so

I figured out that the painting room mush have at least one layer.

I then added a new empty layer to have to layers. This

time it was OK to delete the mesh layer as it was not the last one.