3DCoat Forums
michalis

Venus faun and a fish

Oh so sorry, I was talking about the original sculpture. Something is wrong there. But these are roman or greek copies of a masterpiece probably. Lot of aphrodite sculpts around the museums. I also used the hermitage version as reference.

You did a fine work here, please post a single nice frame. please?

It could be interesting if you could write a small tut like text, how you made it in 3DC? The body is excellent. Hands and feet are as problematic as the original LOL. But in my case, I started this in 3dc but soon realized that I had to do the base mesh in blender (I wanted to avoid retopology) to make separated groups and go for zbrush. The head was from voxels (I separated it in 3dc - topology) and joined it to the body (blender)) lol. I had to quickly hide parts.

So how you managed this complicated pose in 3DC?

Good modeling there! well well done!

Try to post some renders from your work. Start a thread maybe. Very interesting indeed!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

@Garagarape

Wow, thanks 3dc crew. I missed this. Honored. This is a 3dc only project actually. Rendered in blender.

@visitor

nice work!

so you can take the model into unity,but you loose detail on fingers and such cause of retopo?

i think its good to think in retopo for animation!

that way you can even animate walks,and even facial expressions with bones(no morphs yet)

anyway for *bas-relief* on temple fachades you better use normal maps in flat plane

@visitor

nice work!

so you can take the model into unity,but you loose detail on fingers and such cause of retopo?

i think its good to think in retopo for animation!

that way you can even animate walks,and even facial expressions with bones(no morphs yet)

anyway for *bas-relief* on temple fachades you better use normal maps in flat plane

Part of the reason why I lost so much detail is because I didn't retopo it. I just decimated the model and baked a normal map for the low poly mesh. It was just too difficult trying to retopo a posed model in 3D Coat last year. Well for me anyway :)

I tried this. A few more brakes is even better. Not more than 100 faces. It depends how close to camera this object is.

@visitor

this new one is the type of thing that i wold like to do myself,

first the use or light(and shadow)

then the bump texturing on floor(maybe a bigger map),pilars and surfaces!

and mostly the shader for the mummie ( paralax spec?)

althoug relief shaders are the most cool for better details,what you think?

@michalis

this was what i was talking about!

terrains,buildings and animated characters with nice shading and lighting without renders!the future of Khinema?

:drinks:

@visitor

this new one is the type of thing that i wold like to do myself,

first the use or light(and shadow)

then the bump texturing on floor(maybe a bigger map),pilars and surfaces!

and mostly the shader for the mummie ( paralax spec?)

althoug relief shaders are the most cool for better details,what you think?

hey, sounds good!. :good:

OK this one for stl export so carved on wood. Lot of limitations due to the machine, I had to sculpt in 'turntable mode', no under cuts. Not dense meshes. And to have a column like female figure. So here what came so far. The voxels model at 2M, the retopo preview at 3k and a ~100k zbrush after reprojecting the vox tri output. The stl was exported from blender using the 100k retopo zb mesh. (clean export)

The direct stl export from 3dc wasn't as good as expected. (lot of holes and a problem with scaling, Andrew have a look there) In any case I prefer a high density retopo mesh.

I used zbrush for this combination only and some fine touches here and there. (second image).

OK this one for stl export so carved on wood. Lot of limitations due to the machine, I had to sculpt in 'turntable mode', no under cuts. Not dense meshes. And to have a column like female figure. So here what came so far. The voxels model at 2M, the retopo preview at 3k and a ~100k zbrush after reprojecting the vox tri output. The stl was exported from blender using the 100k retopo zb mesh. (clean export)

The direct stl export from 3dc wasn't as good as expected. (lot of holes and a problem with scaling, Andrew have a look there) In any case I prefer a high density retopo mesh.

I used zbrush for this combination only and some fine touches here and there. (second image).

I'm not familiar with stl - will it be turned into a 'real' model?

No matter, this is really beautiful work.

Greg

will it be turned into a 'real' model?

Thanks greg.

Exactly so. I like to subdivide and work on the face but I'm not familiar with stl either. I'm not sure if details will work. I tried to keep a stylistic look, for this reason. These are columns in a furniture . Its still a WIP.

Nice cariathydes!

After your wonderful work on stone and marble,

I wonder what will come out of wood :)

Your work is very inspiring; I think I'm gonna

make a ship figurehead after the goblin.

lol, thanks, fixed already. I don't trust zb renderer though. I haven't export it to blender yet. Easy to do as it has UVs and retopo already.

...or just about ready to dive off the high board.

Oh, this is the scene, watch out, a scene from last summer. lol

ha ha , thanks. Its an inspiration, coming from caryatids and kouros statues LOL. But the real boy was really fat and funny.

The arms and back now, I'll start dividing to parts. Its a single mesh now. I can't sculpt in separate layers when the concept is my concern.

Waiting for a mac 64 bit support, a wish. Now I practically have a limit of 3-4 M. I can go for 8M but with this performance I prefer to to transfer the whole project to zb. Its a pity because I find 3DC more 'natural' as behavior.

The arms and back now, I'll start dividing to parts. Its a single mesh now. I can't sculpt in separate layers when the concept is my concern.

Waiting for a mac 64 bit support, a wish. Now I practically have a limit of 3-4 M. I can go for 8M but with this performance I prefer to to transfer the whole project to zb. Its a pity because I find 3DC more 'natural' as behavior.

If you have no intention to animate, is there any need to divide the mesh? :huh:

If you have no intention to animate, is there any need to divide the mesh?

Not really, to set up a pose is similar to animation though.

Similar with re-topology. Why to use it if a static model is the case? Because zbrush and other surface sculpt tools love re-topology.