3DCoat Forums

3DC-doodles

bantu

Hello!

I finally tried voxel scuplting, and I'm starting to get the hang of it....or not :) Whatever the case, I'm going to try and doodle at least twice a week, and upload stuff here for fun. This first character will be called the Baron (thought of it as the sculpt evolved) The voxels sculpt looks very messy, but I believe the main characteristics are already featured on the sculpt. I hope to clean it up, once I figure out how I can continue with the voxel sculpt from here :P At the moment I can't touch it (dunno why). I tried all sorts of funky features like quadrangulate and such, but that was just for testing, now I have a mesh in the paint room, another one (probably the same one) in the retopo room, and my original voxel sculpt is also there, I just can't edit it :(

What a noob I am! serves me right! :)

In the meantime here is the Baron:

post-1193-12845496846271_thumb.jpg

post-1193-12845496921176_thumb.jpg

post-1193-12845496996831_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

I like it a lot!! Keep practicing you already have the talent! ;)

Btw. the voxel, retopo and painting rooms show different models.

- The voxel room shows the voxel objects. This is were to start a new model!

- In the retopo room you'll also see the voxel object, but that is only to guide your retopologization.

- From the retopo room you can transfer a mesh into the paint room, for texture painting - that makes it also available in the sculpt and uv room - its the same object in these three rooms (paint, sculpt, uv).

- Changing a model in the paint, retopo or voxel room does not affect objects in other rooms. You always need to transfer/convert into another room by a wizard or a simpler command.

I hope i did not confuse you more ;)

Howdy!

I think I'm starting to get the hang of voxels sculpting! Wooo! This mad dunker :) was thrown up with the curves tool (powerful) and then I took it from there. It's a doodle, or a sculpture rather than a character. I hope you enjoy the awesome upload turntable feature:

cheers

Why can't I embed it here? The turntable, I mean. I tried to, but it only shows the embed code in the prieview of the post

128473068932.jpg

• Contributor

different type of character, it took a while to do it, but let's call it a doodle for now

I like the face work on this one. Solid expression. :good:

It shows much much improvement compared to your other tryouts.

I think you are getting the hang of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

2DCoat rocks! :D

I did this quick sketch in 3DC cause at work i don't have access to Photoshop. But wait! Who needs photoshop if 3DC can do the job of fast painting. Hell yea. There could be some improvements, but i'm going to go ahead and work out a workflow for painting in "2D". With the 3D camera you have all the freedom needed if you're into rotating the canvas. Let me quote a master I look up to regarding 3DC:

" The future looks bright!"

(Bay Raitt)

here's my doodle:

128688281738.jpg this was painted on a cube btw

Another quicky! Awesome 2D software! :D

128688932762.jpg

this was done on a tileable plane (built in) I don't know why but imported .obj 1 poly meshes seem to be slow?! for some reason. The painting. Yes a ONE poly plane....hmmm

• 3 weeks later...