3DCoat Forums

CRASH when trying to convert Voxel to paint

vivi

• Advanced Member

I have a Toshiba T900 tablet PC which is actually pretty good. i7 M620 @ 2,6Ghz and 4GB RAM, Win7 64bit. I use 3DStudio Max without problems.

When I try to convert a Voxel object to paint, at the point where it says "creating mesh " ( sometimes earlier ) it juts freeze.

The progress bar says 0% ( not responding)

It happens with not so complex objects...pretty sure it can't be due to the resolution.

somebody having similar issues??

Vito

• Advanced Member

Vivi:

If you can give me a numbered list of steps you took to initiate this crash, I can troubleshoot and maybe pinpoint the problem so Andrew can fix it.

Greg Smith

well..basically i made a tentacle and used the axial tool to make several copies...just about 6. then I just right click on the voxel layer and say retopo for paint.

thats it. When creating a mesh it just won'T do anything. IT basically with all objects..unless the voxel resolution is really low.

EDIT: it seems low resolution also won'T work

When I try to convert a Voxel object to paint, at the point where it says "creating mesh " ( sometimes earlier ) it juts freeze.

Hi Vito,

I'm not sure if the problem I did face corresponds to the behavior that you are experiencing when trying the Auto Retopo to Paint Room, but maybe you want to try NOT to perform AUTOPO with Additional Smoothing of 0. At least for me, whenever I tried to perform AUTOPO with a smoothing of 0, 3D coat would hang. When using a smoothing of 1 or bigger, the auto retopology was performed within minutes - with 0 I could wait for a night without a result and then would have to kill the 3D Coat process.

Regards,

Ron.