3DCoat Forums

Does license allow 2 installs of 3DCoat?

popwfx

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew (or anyone at Pligway),

Does my 3.5x license of 3D-Coat allow me to do 2 different installs of the program? Particularly I mean on the same machine, to be used just by me - i.e. I want to install the Windows version on my Win7x64 partition and the Mac version on my Snow Leopard partition and be able to use it no matter which bootcamp partition I've started with. This will be easier on my workflow.

Most apps including Adobe's CS5 suite usually allow you install on one desktop and one laptop provided it is used by the same person and both instances aren't used simultaneously. Just thought I'd check here if this was kosher.

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew (or anyone at Pligway),

Does my 3.5x license of 3D-Coat allow me to do 2 different installs of the program? Particularly I mean on the same machine, to be used just by me - i.e. I want to install the Windows version on my Win7x64 partition and the Mac version on my Snow Leopard partition and be able to use it no matter which bootcamp partition I've started with. This will be easier on my workflow.

Most apps including Adobe's CS5 suite usually allow you install on one desktop and one laptop provided it is used by the same person and both instances aren't used simultaneously. Just thought I'd check here if this was kosher.

Just tried to install in on my mac partition and the register didn't seem to work, even though this is the same hardware (albeit a mac booted version of my other original install). Are the keys we purchase tied to a specific OS? I love that purchasing Lightwave lets you use it on Mac or Windows with the same key. Thanks for your help with this...

Your license is platform specific. Currently, you can cross-grade your Windows license for $40 USD to include a Mac OSX license as well. This will allow you to do what you are wanting to do. After October 15th, this cost is probably going to increase along with the other license increase.

-Patrick

• Advanced Member

Your license is platform specific. Currently, you can cross-grade your Windows license for $40 USD to include a Mac OSX license as well. This will allow you to do what you are wanting to do. After October 15th, this cost is probably going to increase along with the other license increase.

-Patrick

cool so are you saying for $40 I can upgrade and be able to use both licenses? Or does this cross-grade deactivate my windows license?

• Advanced Member

Yep, licenses are platform specific, though you can have it installed on two machines (of the same OS). However only one can be ran at a time.

Thanks hOss for helping out! Appreciate it. :)

Sorry, I'm having trouble figuring out which link on your Buy Now page lets me do what I want (specifically that is, to upgrade my licenesed Winx64 3DCoat v3.5 to allow me to have a coexisting Mac license with it).

I noticed a Mac to Win upgrade, but not the other way around. Also I noticed that new full licenses say Win&Mac?? Thanks for clarifying this :)

• Advanced Member

till 15 of Oct, it says 235$, for BOTH platforms 275$ or if you already have the mac ONLY version then +40$ to upgrade for PC version too. If you have one pc and one mac and you like to run 3DC the same time, thats what you ask? Lets wait for an answer then. Its not clear.

Sorry, I'm having trouble figuring out which link on your Buy Now page lets me do what I want (specifically that is, to upgrade my licenesed Winx64 3DCoat v3.5 to allow me to have a coexisting Mac license with it).

I noticed a Mac to Win upgrade, but not the other way around. Also I noticed that new full licenses say Win&Mac?? Thanks for clarifying this :)

The Win&Mac license is just buying both licenses in one go.

I know it seems kind of backwards, but on the Windows buy page, there is the option of "Win to (MacOS or Linux)-$40". That should be what you are looking for to buy the Mac license at a discount from your existing Windows license. No, this won't deactivate your existing Windows license.

-Patrick

• Advanced Member

The Win&Mac license is just buying both licenses in one go.

I know it seems kind of backwards, but on the Windows buy page, there is the option of "Win to (MacOS or Linux)-$40". That should be what you are looking for to buy the Mac license at a discount from your existing Windows license. No, this won't deactivate your existing Windows license.

-Patrick

Thanks, Patrick. I found the link and bought it. Appreciate the help to find the right link. Got it working on my Mac partition now and that's great news for my workflow. :)

Glad to see it seems to work identically with no Mac specific bugs and performance seems good, though I haven't tested it to know whether lack of 64bit or CUDA (at least the Mac install didn't mention these so I assume it is not that) makes that much of a difference. Works great so far...